User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: March Photo Competition (Cuddle Shots)

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets

March Photo Competition (Cuddle Shots)

OK folks, it is time to get the March Photo Competition started.

The subject matter chosen by Mare (Mare) for the March competition will be: ~~Cuddle Shots~~This month we are looking for a photo of your bird loving on either you or another bird. And it can be a photo of your bird loving on a favorite toy, blanket, snuggle hut, etc.

The prize for this month's Photo Competition is very graciously donated by Maddy (Maddy). She will be offering the winner one of her beautiful Feather Paintings of the bird of your choice. These Feather Paintings are awesome folks!! Maddy is an exceptional artist and this will be something you will cherish forever.

The rules are pretty simple:

1. Only one entry per member per competition.

2. Please include a little info and names about your bird(s) along with the photo. It will be used
    to identify your entry on the poll along with your username. Also please give a little detail as to why you chose your entry photo to show us your birds cuddliest side.

3. No copy write photos. Please make sure you are the owner of
    the photo you enter.

4. Please, no photos that clearly endangers anyone or animal in any way that may be in your entry photo.

5. All photos to be entered in the competition need to be posted in this thread.

6. And the most important rule of all~~Lets Have Fun!!!~~

The competition starts today, the 6th of March and runs til the 21st of March.

The 22nd of March a poll will be added by Debra with all of the photos in order of their posted date.

The poll will run for one week and will close on the 29th of March, unless otherwise noted.

I will announce the winner of the competition and post the winning photo on the 1st of April.
    The winner of this competition gets to choose the subject/theme for the April Photo Competition.

So, let the competition and fun begin!!!!
    Last edited by Turquoise; 03-08-2014 at 05:09 AM.
    ~~My Flock~~
    *In Loving Memory Of My Sweet Little Peta Girl~~R.I.P~~Love Mom*
    ~~Gotcha'~04/20/2012~~Flew Over The Rainbow Bridge~02/28/2014~~

2. The following 2 users like this post:

Debra (03-06-2014), Honesty (03-06-2014)

A great subject

Nobility Member

Parrots

Peatree, Honey, and Pressie the GCCs, Paris the budgie, Grey Bird the CAG, and Jester Bean the C2
    Awesome theme! I have lots of cuddle shots!
    "Every once in awhile, a bird comes into your life and changes everything."

Always, Weasley. 2010 ~ 2013

Custom Pet Portraits ~ Art by Madalyn C

5. The following 2 users like this post:

Mare (03-06-2014), Turquoise (03-07-2014)

Parrots

Yellow napped amazon Seminole, green wing macaw Monte, yellow budgie parakeet Avra , Sun conure Starburst... RIP Hendrick... Fly high pretty blue.. 5-5-14
    Do we post here then?? If so..this is my cinnamon green cheek rescue ..Rain..that's my razor burned neck and hand...she was on deaths door when we got her..and she's still very small..but she's the baby girl..

7. The following 8 users like this post:

Blancaej (03-08-2014), Debra (03-07-2014), Honesty (03-07-2014), kendrafitz (03-07-2014), Maddy (03-07-2014), Mare (03-07-2014), Pinkbirdy (03-12-2014), Turquoise (03-07-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Aww..I love this, Brandon, Rain is looking like she's putting her life in your hand, great pic

9. The following user likes this post:

94lt1 (03-13-2014)

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets
    Oh boy a great start to our 'Cuddle Shots' competition.

Thanks Brandon for getting us started with a very sweet and touching photo and story of Rain. She is adorable and I can see just why you love her so much!!
    ~~My Flock~~

11. The following user likes this post:

94lt1 (03-13-2014)

A beautiful pic Brandon!

13. The following user likes this post:

94lt1 (03-13-2014)

Parrots

Great subject for our competition this month Mare!

I found one I really love of Miss Ruby Jewel, my 1 1/2 yr old Green Wing Macaw and me. This was taken back last summer a few months after she flew home to me from Washington state. Ruby Jewel is a super loving girl, she is a true cuddle bug. Her breeder Kitty made sure of that! She really spoiled her the almost 8 months she spent with Kitty before she was weaned. She is my dream bird and I couldn't have asked for a better one than my Ruby Jewel.

~~My Flock~~

15. The following 10 users like this post:

94lt1 (03-13-2014), Blancaej (03-08-2014), coltfire (03-08-2014), Debra (03-07-2014), Honesty (03-07-2014), kendrafitz (03-07-2014), Maddy (03-07-2014), Mare (03-07-2014), Pinkbirdy (03-12-2014), spiritbird (03-09-2014)

Parrots

[B]OK folks, at the moment we do not have a prize donated by anyone for this month's competition. This is a fun activity we all enjoy entering and posting in. A prize for entering the best photo is always appreciated. Donating a prize is strictly volunteer and anyone who is a member can volunteer to donate to this month or a future month that works better for you.

Thought I'd give a quick rundown of the folks who have donated to the monthly competitions thus far since they began in July of last year:

July - De'Andrea (Turquoise)
    Aug - Shelly (ShellyBorg)
    Sept - Amanda (gemini84)
    Oct - Maddy (Maddy)
    Nov - Judi (JudiNH)
    Dec - Mare (Mare)
    Jan - De'Andrea (Turquoise)
    Feb - Wendy (Honesty)
    Mar - Maddy (Maddy)
    Apr - Mare (Mare)~~Mare has volunteered to donate for next month~~
    May- Blanca (Blancaej)~~Blanca has volunteered to donate for May

Update on this month's prize. Maddy has volunteered to donate the prize for our March Photo Competition. Thank you so much Maddy for doing this wonderful thing so that everyone who enters gets a chance to win one of your beautiful Feather Paintings.

It can be a gift voucher to a favorite bird store site or a handmade item of your choice you or someone you know makes. Something nice you think would make a great prize for a job well done for being chosen a winner!
    Last edited by Turquoise; 03-12-2014 at 06:28 AM.
    ~~My Flock~~

17. The following 2 users like this post:

Honesty (03-07-2014), Maddy (03-12-2014)

Thats is an absolutely beautiful pic De'Andrea