User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Music as Enrichment

Parrots

Mango, 2yo Male Sun Conure

Music as Enrichment

Does anyone's birds have favorite songs? I want to make list for Mango to listen to when I'm not home...just looking for ideas

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Sassy LOVES, "Good Day Sunshine" by the Beatles. . It's her dancing music!

Nobility Member

Parrots

Peatree, Honey, and Pressie the GCCs, Paris the budgie, Grey Bird the CAG, and Jester Bean the C2
    Peatree loves pretty much everything, but her favorites are the Elmo's World and Spongebob Squarepants theme songs. Jester loves Smooth Criminal by Michael Jackson.
    "Every once in awhile, a bird comes into your life and changes everything."

Always, Weasley. 2010 ~ 2013

Custom Pet Portraits ~ Art by Madalyn C

Codie loves "Meet Me Half Way" by the Black Eyed Peas"

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Rosie likes just about everything. She loves Bob Marley and the cups song. She goes absolutely nutty for "I'm Sexy and I Know It".

Try the cups song. Every time we go somewhere and we see a parrot who looks lonely or bored I play it on my phone. Every parrot I have done this with was super interested and danced. My kids just roll their eyes and say "Ugh, not again Mom. You are sooo embarrassing!"
    Rosie & Kendra

6. The following 3 users like this post:

Debra (03-04-2014), Mare (03-12-2014), Turquoise (03-12-2014)

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets
    I don't play much music in my house. I never replaced my cd
    player after the flood destroyed my nice one and many of my cds. I mostly have the tv on some sort of thing when I'm up & about. I do occasionally sing to them and that excites them a lot. I'm thinking to them my singing sounds like an animal in distress in the rainforest and they are doing the parrot version of rolling on floor laughing!
    ~~My Flock~~
    *In Loving Memory Of My Sweet Little Peta Girl~~R.I.P~~Love Mom*
    ~~Gotcha'~04/20/2012~~Flew Over The Rainbow Bridge~02/28/2014~~

8. The following user likes this post:

Mare (03-12-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    I LOVE the Cups Song! I just played it for Sassy and Amigo. Amigo got super excited, he insisted on 'watching' the video, too! Sassy danced up a storm!

10. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (03-13-2014)

Parrots

1 Alexandrine Parakeet - Clover, 2 Goffin's Cockatoos - Kilo (who now lives with my best friend but I still love him) and Lilliputs, 1 African Grey (Congo) - Poet but she thinks her name is Beautiful.
    Kilo like the lion sleeps tonight from the lion king and also anything by Depeche Mode. All of them like Dubstep.

12. The following 3 users like this post:

Debra (05-03-2014), kendrafitz (05-04-2014), Mare (08-06-2014)

Parrots

Rose (Nanday Conure), Orsino (Cockatiel), and Dori (Lovie)
    Orsino likes 3Oh!3's Starstrukk with Katy Perry because they do the wolf-whistle in it, and that's his favorite whistle... He perks up, thinking it's me whistling at him...

14. The following 2 users like this post:

kendrafitz (08-05-2014), Mare (08-06-2014)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Rosie is currently crazy for the Zac Brown Band channel on Pandora. She seems to love any song about beer or alcoholic beverages. I am beginning to wonder if she had a drinking problem in a past life. Silly girl! Lol.
    Rosie & Kendra

16. The following 2 users like this post:

Mare (08-06-2014), plax (08-05-2014)