User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My timid little baby

My timid little baby

My timid Little Amber actually flew off her cage to a box across the room tonight. Hubby got up and moved to get her and she flew to me! This is a big deal because she gets so nervous off of her cage. She's very timid and gets nervous easily. Anyway, she has spent quite a bit of time on my shoulder without getting nervous. It is now bed time and I hate to end this bonding time, but 4:30 am comes mighty early.

Anyway, I just had to say how proud of my little girl I am.

2. The following 3 users like this post:

kendrafitz (03-01-2014), Mare (02-28-2014), Turquoise (02-28-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    That's so neat !!! how long have you had her ? { I think this may be a new beginning for her)
    http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p779/Blancaej/Terrisignature2_zpsb1f5f78e.jpg

4. The following user likes this post:

Debra (02-28-2014)

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    That is great news Deb! It's always nice to see our fids move forward. Especially when they are nervous in some situations. Congrats! I hope you can have more of these bonding moments more often.

6. The following user likes this post:

Debra (02-28-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    This IS good news! Our timid, little Chip will fly to a shoulder to investigate what you are eating, especially if it makes a crunchy sound.

8. The following user likes this post:

Debra (02-28-2014)

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets
    Awww, how awesome!! That is wonderful that sweet little Amber is coming out of her shell. Big hugs to you for helping her get to this point.
    ~~My Flock~~
    *In Loving Memory Of My Sweet Little Peta Girl~~R.I.P~~Love Mom*
    ~~Gotcha'~04/20/2012~~Flew Over The Rainbow Bridge~02/28/2014~~

10. The following user likes this post:

Debra (02-28-2014)

Great news Debra

12. The following user likes this post:

Debra (02-28-2014)

We've had her for about 4 years. I couldn't believe it! She actually was able to land on my finger even. Boy, do I love that baby girl.

14. The following 2 users like this post:

Blancaej (02-28-2014), Mare (03-06-2014)

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    Nice Debra! Sometimes it just takes time!

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

Nobility Member

Parrots

Peatree, Honey, and Pressie the GCCs, Paris the budgie, Grey Bird the CAG, and Jester Bean the C2
    That is awesome news! Yay Amber!
    "Every once in awhile, a bird comes into your life and changes everything."

Always, Weasley. 2010 ~ 2013

Custom Pet Portraits ~ Art by Madalyn C

She flew off her cage again this morning. I let her walk around the floor for a bit then she had some shoulder time. She was off her cage for a good 30 minutes! When she bit me I realized she was ready to go back to her cage.

Excuse the bed head.

18. The following 2 users like this post:

Blancaej (03-01-2014), Mare (03-06-2014)