User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skip

Parrots

Jack/ Blue and Gold Macaw, Pickles/ Galah, Pip/ African Grey, Charlie/ Amazon, Cracker/ Cockatoo, Buddy and Bobby/ Sun Conures, Mickey, Millie, Robbie and Lady/ Green Cheek Conures, Tom/ Senegal, Woody/ hand reared Cockatiel (plus many aviary birds - Cockatiels / Budgies / Lovebirds / and Ring Neck Parakeets.)

Skip

Over the years I have helped a lot of wildlife, most have been released. I have had skip for 7 years . Brought to me when she was about 3 days old. I must admit the reason she with me is because I made her too people friendly. She has the same treatment as my parrots and is a brilliant little character. When I released her she just flew on to everyone's shoulders so I had to go back for her, she was not going to be able to be released.
    She now is treated like all the rest of my parrots and birds. Due to the avaries being damaged she is back indoors. She is not complaining ,she loves being indoors.
    ha ha this just proves I am eccentric lol

2. The following 7 users like this post:

Blancaej (02-27-2014), Debra (02-26-2014), Honesty (02-26-2014), kendrafitz (02-26-2014), Maddy (02-26-2014), Mare (02-26-2014), Turquoise (02-27-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    Beautiful
    http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p779/Blancaej/Terrisignature2_zpsb1f5f78e.jpg

That is so lovely Dawn Now you have to add yourself to my recent thread on Parrot/Bird owners being neurotic

That is amazing you have manged to tame him

Parrots

Jack/ Blue and Gold Macaw, Pickles/ Galah, Pip/ African Grey, Charlie/ Amazon, Cracker/ Cockatoo, Buddy and Bobby/ Sun Conures, Mickey, Millie, Robbie and Lady/ Green Cheek Conures, Tom/ Senegal, Woody/ hand reared Cockatiel (plus many aviary birds - Cockatiels / Budgies / Lovebirds / and Ring Neck Parakeets.)
    It was easy to tame skip I had to had feed him. They a nightmare to feed as it is very different from normal birds there parent put there beaks round the baby's beak. So I had to try design something that went over beak . You could not use a spoon or syringe. I struggled to save him as he was so young. Now he eats brilliant and is not much trouble he lives with lily in avary she has got brain damage. She got trapped between railway bridge and a stuck lorry. I only have old photo of her.

6. The following 4 users like this post:

Debra (02-26-2014), kendrafitz (02-26-2014), Mare (02-26-2014), Turquoise (02-27-2014)

Good on you for managing to hand feed him

Poor Lily

They both are beautiful! Most people think of pigeons as nuisances but I find them gorgeous. Thank you for sharing the both of them with us.

9. The following 2 users like this post:

Honesty (02-26-2014), Turquoise (02-27-2014)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Debra View Post
    They both are beautiful! Most people think of pigeons as nuisances but I find them gorgeous. Thank you for sharing the both of them with us.
    Most people see pigeons as nuisances and full of disease etc. I have had many people that have not been too happy that I help pigeons and seagulls which are also not highly thought of.I have learnt through what I do with animals. That every creature needs a chance, they have little characters and personalties.
    I would help any injured creature and I feel the reward is great when I manage to release them back to their natural environment.
    A few years back I helped a greater spotted wood pecker. He had busted both legs and lost his lower jaw. I got him right and released him. Wow soon he brought his new misses to the garden and shortly afterwards he brought the young. I can not say how excited I was ,It felt like one of your grandchildren coming to visit.
    I have many stories on wildlife I have helped so I won't ramble. I find the animals give you their trust and that is so valuable. Give me an animal any day.

11. The following 5 users like this post:

Debra (02-26-2014), Honesty (02-26-2014), kendrafitz (02-27-2014), Mare (02-26-2014), Turquoise (02-27-2014)

I think we are going to have to rename you "Dr Doolittle" Dawn

You are a very caring and warm natured person. I love the story with the Woodpecker and how he bought back his wife and children

Nobility Member

Parrots

Peatree, Honey, and Pressie the GCCs, Paris the budgie, Grey Bird the CAG, and Jester Bean the C2
    Skip is gorgeous!
    "Every once in awhile, a bird comes into your life and changes everything."

Always, Weasley. 2010 ~ 2013

Custom Pet Portraits ~ Art by Madalyn C

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    A few years back, I was driving down our road and found a pigeon setting right in the middle of my lane. She was just walking around, not paying attention to much, let alone my car that was hovering in front of her. It was a back country road, no traffic, and I very slowly drove over her, hoping to spook her to fly off. I look in my rear view mirror and she is continuing her walk down the road. This is when I pull over to see what is going on.

I bring her home, she was starving and had a band on her foot. I fed her parrot seed, googled pigeon leg bands and what they mean and found out that her owners lived about an hour away from us, south. She was a racing pigeon, a young one, that was cut loose around 100 miles north of us. The owner asked if I could keep her for a few days, feed and water her, then cut her loose to continue her path home. Well, she wouldn't leave. I called the owners and they told me to dispose of her...what? She is probably sick, we don't want her back...what?..what, what does that mean? I found a wonderful home for her with someone that raised pigeons for fun. Happy ending

15. The following 2 users like this post:

kendrafitz (02-27-2014), Turquoise (02-27-2014)