User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Confessions of a parroty person! (humerous)

Well, I have to confess to stealing most of Codie's orange today I was chopping it up into pieces and ended up eating nearly all of it. lol. I did leave him a bit though

2. The following user likes this post:

Debra (04-18-2014)

I confess that when I buy nuts to make cookies, I buy extra so I can have unsalted raw nuts for my parrots. I even bought canisters specifically for their nuts that they allow me to use to make cookies.

4. The following user likes this post:

Honesty (04-18-2014)

Parrots

Lola (Cuban Amazon), Lucifer (Black Headed Caique), Crush (Sun Conure), Zoe (Black Headed Caique), Scarlet (Scarlet Macaw)
    Bless me Father for I have sinned:

Today I cut up a pomegranate for the kids. A few seed came loose and I ate them, then I ate a few more...and a few more. So for their mid-morning snack my kids had frozen blueberries.

One of my guiltiest pleasures is snuggling with Lola. When she is completely relaxed and content, she exudes the most HEAVENLY aroma and I inhale deeply to the point that my partner yells "I hear you snorting the parrot again! Leave her alone!"

6. The following user likes this post:

Mare (04-19-2014)

Today I cut up a pomegranate for the kids. A few seed came loose and I ate them, then I ate a few more...and a few more. So for their mid-morning snack my kids had frozen blueberries.
    Shame on you George . I think Codie is very grateful that I do not not like pomegranate, this is his favourite fruit

One of my guiltiest pleasures is snuggling with Lola. When she is completely relaxed and content, she exudes the most HEAVENLY aroma and I inhale deeply to the point that my partner yells "I hear you snorting the parrot again! Leave her alone!"

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Gee aren't we supposed to make sure that their food tastes good? Except for the powder stuff I sprinkle on Lady's food sometimes I try just about everything. I think this is why I enjoy cooking for her. She eats from my plate at dinner and I sample her food as well .
    Sometimes I eat her fruit when she is taking forever to eat it from my hand. If I put it in her bowl she throws it out.

9. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (10-29-2017), Quakerella (10-30-2017)

Parrots

My newly adopted macaw lucky and hubby bird cheiwe duskey headed conure
    Ooo now i want nutella for my nannas not for the birds thoe lol we like to share nannas as a little three birded flock. Me being the weird nakeeied human one lol

11. The following 3 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (10-29-2017), Dragonlady2 (10-29-2017), Quakerella (10-30-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    I don't really sample the birds food anymore. However, I have to make sure that all the birds are locked away when I am eating anything due to them trying to get at my mouth when I take a bite. The last time Bella was out when I was eating, she tried to take off with my pork chop....lol.

13. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (10-29-2017), Lady (10-29-2017), plax (10-30-2017), Quakerella (10-30-2017)

Parrots

Charlie-2 year old lesser sulphur crested citron cockatoo Peanut -1 year old White Bellied Caique

Recipe

Do you make your own birdie bread or do you use a mix, I am looking for recipes. Especially since Charlie has a birthday coming up

15. The following 2 users like this post:

Lady (10-29-2017), Quakerella (10-30-2017)