User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Confessions of a parroty person! (humerous)

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets
    Well now, we all have some strange tastes when it comes to eating our bird's foods. All except George (Grey) and I'm venturing a guess he is not fessing up to being as birdie normal as the rest of us with his munching of bird snacks.

Tony your Nutella with banana reminds me of way back in the dark ages my first job was at our local Dairy Queen. They had what was called frozen chocolate dipped bananas they made there by sticking a Popsicle stick into the rear end of the poor banana and dipping it in the chocolate covered ice cream cone melted chocolate. I tried one and I did not find it a delicacy of mine. The only way I like bananas are well chilled and not too overly ripe. I can't stand the strong taste of a really ripe banana. I do like Nutella, but my way of eating it is simply by the spoonfuls straight. Oh and I love homemade banana pudding with none of that artificial banana pudding stuff in it! I can make a pretty good banana pudding from scratch with lots of vanilla wafers.

So now I must confess I suppose. Welp, since I have 3 young macaws in my flock of course I keep lots of shelled and not shelled nuts to keep them happy. I will gladly admit to nibbling nuts out of the container I keep the shelled ones in while I am doling out their portion. And I do take pieces of dried fruits from the containers while giving that on those days. I'm not a connoisseur of breakfast foods, so I figure eating a few of their snacks is my contribution to a healthy morning meal. I have tasted a pelleted food on occasion to see why they throw a certain brand more on the floor and the consensus is~~I wouldn't eat that yucky stuff either. And I do eat Miss Ruby Jewel's grapes while I am busily cutting up the rest of the fresh veggies for the flock. She loves grapes, they are her favorite fruit.
    Last edited by Turquoise; 02-20-2014 at 07:12 AM.
    ~~My Flock~~
    *In Loving Memory Of My Sweet Little Peta Girl~~R.I.P~~Love Mom*
    ~~Gotcha'~04/20/2012~~Flew Over The Rainbow Bridge~02/28/2014~~

2. The following 2 users like this post:

Honesty (02-20-2014), Pinkbirdy (02-20-2014)

It sounds like we have lots of nut stealers here

Tony, I tried the Nutella on my banana and I have to say it was yummy I think you just may have started a new craze in my house

Parrots

B&G (Jack) | MM (Maynard) - RIP | Hy (Zaf) - RIP | GW (Salsa) | NC (Bozley)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honesty View Post
    Tony, I tried the Nutella on my banana and I have to say it was yummy I think you just may have started a new craze in my house
    LOL! I'm either glad or sorry... I'm not sure which
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

LOL! I'm either glad or sorry... I'm not sure which
    If I pile on the weight with this new Nutella/banana fetish, then I will know who to blame

Parrots

If I pile on the weight with this new Nutella/banana fetish, then I will know who to blame
    Well I eat plenty of the stuff and it doesn't seem to increase my weight at all. But then I have a pretty fast metabolism. Good luck with that

7. The following user likes this post:

Honesty (02-20-2014)

Well I eat plenty of the stuff and it doesn't seem to increase my weight at all. But then I have a pretty fast metabolism. Good luck with that
    If this happens, I will simply have to stop eating it!

Parrots

If this happens, I will simply have to stop eating it!
    Nutella contains hazelnuts and skim milk, so it's healthier than chocolate frosting. But it as well contains lots of sugar.

Nutella contains hazelnuts and skim milk, so it's healthier than chocolate frosting. But it as well contains lots of sugar.
    Yes, it is quite high in sugar. I normally have it on toast. Tiegan likes it in Pancakes

11. The following user likes this post:

plax (02-20-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    When my youngest son was in grade school, he came up with a concoction of p-nut butter and banana sandwich and then he GRILLED it! He loved them but I bet they would be even better with an added shmear of Nutella!

I do share the nuts with my birds, I have to admit. When the almond in a shell stash starts to get low, though, I have to back off!

13. The following user likes this post:

Honesty (02-26-2014)

LOL Mare, I have to back off on the walnuts