User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meet my Charlotte :)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen

Meet my Charlotte :)

Im so excited to meet another Hawkhead owner {Keepsmiling] . I have had Charlotte since she was weaned .Shes nothing like how they describe them on the internet.I went to get an Eclectus and she chose me !! Shes the sweetest bird ,she never went through a nipping stage and hasnt hurt us.Shes a shy bird ,just needs a chance to warm up and will go to anyone. She likes her attention [so a set schedule out works ] I could see where there could be a problem with that .Her being all worried about coming out. Just a heads up if you ever get one. Shes non aggressive towards the other birds . When she talks its very clear [like a little girl]. Shes a hearty eater [is excited about everything] likes to play with her toys. Shes the last one out with me at night and is very cuddly .She lays under my chin and falls asleep. The internet described them like a caique [since I have them I was very excited] But I their not like that at all. They remind me of a 2 a little [cause shes so sweet] and I only say that in the most positive way. Her downfalls ,Shes a bugger about anything metel .like watches and zippers [shes quick ] and her call can be loud. Theres one that sounds like a seagall . Anyways I wanted everyone to know what a great bird she is if they ever wondered what having one was like.

2. The following 8 users like this post:

aliray (04-21-2013), buddingtwigs (04-24-2013), keepsmiling (04-21-2013), Minamommy (04-16-2014), mistywaterwoman (04-27-2013), roxynoodle (04-22-2013), Wendy K. (04-22-2013), wingman (04-15-2015)

Parrots

Tiki,african redbellied, Sweetie Pie quaker, Chiquita, yellow sided gcc, Lucas, spanish timbrado canary
    Alright you two Stop it cause now I want one. They are so pretty and I love it when the put their head feathers up. Oh well I will just have to dream and look at pictures of yours. I only have four glass sliding door panels going out to the back lani and each bird has it's own slider panel so I am maxed out.

4. The following 2 users like this post:

buddingtwigs (04-24-2013), Wendy K. (04-22-2013)

Parrots

Red Fronted Macaw~Holly, Hawk-Headed Parrots~ Cochise & Yuna, Black Capped Conure~Elfe, Softbills- Green Aracari~Pico, American Singer Canary~Kismet, Blue Naped Mousebird~Gryphon
    Oh yay..just came in from the bird show and have not eaten or spent time with my birds today. I just popped in to see what was going on, and what do I find! Woot! I will be back in a bit to properly read about Charlotte!!

6. The following user likes this post:

aliray (04-21-2013)

Charlotte is adorable

8. The following 2 users like this post:

aliray (04-21-2013), Pinkbirdy (04-22-2013)

Parrots

Red Fronted Macaw~Holly, Hawk-Headed Parrots~ Cochise & Yuna, Black Capped Conure~Elfe, Softbills- Green Aracari~Pico, American Singer Canary~Kismet, Blue Naped Mousebird~Gryphon
    Oh Charlotte is lovely and sounds very much like my Yuna. Yuna talks pretty clear as well. Cochise does not talk. The only thing that resembles human speech that he does is a "huh?"
    Thank you so much for sharing and the pic is great. It is wonderful that she chose you!
    Last edited by keepsmiling; 04-21-2013 at 08:57 PM.

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    Quote Originally Posted by keepsmiling View Post
    Oh yay..just came in from the bird show and have not eaten or spent time with my birds today. I just popped in to see what was going on, and what do I find! Woot! I will be back in a bit to properly read about Charlotte!!
    How was the show did you get lots of stuff !!! I bet your shows alot better than mine.I do stock up on toys though[saves lots of money with all my birds].

11. The following user likes this post:

keepsmiling (04-21-2013)

Parrots

It is always big. Today it was very busy. I met a girl for the first time who just moved here and has a lovebird. It was very nice to have someone to go with. She is very sweet. I just got a few things..a few toys, a few food items, and 2 cute little handpainted wooden birds.

Nobility Member

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by keepsmiling View Post
    Oh Charlotte is lovely and sounds very much like my Yuna. Yuna talks pretty clear as well. Cochise does not talk. The only thing that resembles human speech that he does is a "huh?"
    Thank you so much for sharing and the pic is great. It is wonderful that she chose you!
    Thats neat to hear Yunas like that too. It wasnt just in my head how great they are.

14. The following user likes this post:

keepsmiling (04-21-2013)

Parrots

3 Alexandrines Oxy, hatched August 2012 Bruno, hatched August 2011 Prince, hatched August 2009
    so beautiful, those colours are amazing.

16. The following user likes this post:

Pinkbirdy (04-22-2013)

Parrots

Yuna is a doll and loves everyone too. I will write about her soon. It is funny, but this is one species of bird that I can pick the males from the females. The females just have a girly look to them.