User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do i trace a legband code

Nobility Member

Parrots

Peatree, Honey, and Pressie the GCCs, Paris the budgie, Grey Bird the CAG, and Jester Bean the C2
    That's awesome that you found out! (:
    "Every once in awhile, a bird comes into your life and changes everything."

Always, Weasley. 2010 ~ 2013

Custom Pet Portraits ~ Art by Madalyn C

Parrots

Citron crested cockatoo <3
    Hi Cedardave,
    Do you have the email of the breeder?
    I have a cockatoo with similar information. It has the AFA, PAPL, but different number. I contacted the association ,AFA, and they sent am email to the breeder who has not contacted me yet since almost 2 week.
    If you got in touch with the PAPL breeder, could you give me their contact info.
    Thanks a lot
    Lili

Parrots

Greenwing macaws,Blue and Gold macaws,Calico macaws.Military macaws,Severe macaw,Hahns macaw,firey shouldered conures,Sun conures,Blue crowned conure,Blackwinged jardine,Greater jardine,Quakers,Congo african greys,Jenday conure,goldcapped conure and SI eclectus
    The breeder for ours was in British Columbia.The aviary is called Parrots Aplenty Aviaries.Hopefully theres a link on their site.let us know if you find out.
    Hey, I just realized our birds could be cousins or even brothers or sisters.Thats pretty cool
    Last edited by Cedardave; 05-13-2014 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Additional thought

4. The following user likes this post:

PrincessTiel X (03-18-2019)

Parrots

Citron crested cockatoo <3
    Thank you do much for the information. I really appreciate it a lot. I have been trying to get the details of my princess but it's been so hard.
    I just email them and will call them tomorrow. I hope to get a response from them.... Will keep you posted.
    And yes, most probably our birds are relatives ...
    My bird is a citron crested cockatoo. She's been with me the past 12 years. I adore her, she changed my life and I thank her everyday.
    Thank you again for your help

- - - Updated - - -

Ah! And the name of my white princess is Sophie

6. The following user likes this post:

PrincessTiel X (03-18-2019)

Where do I type in the letters and numbers on my parrots band to find out who the breeder is and what year he/she was born.

Banned

If you are in the States, usually, the year they were born (if it's there at all), is put accross and the breeder code and number that identifies that particular parrot is placed around the band. Some states (like NJ, for example) requires the two letters that identify it so, if nothing else, you know it wasn't born in any of those states.

There aren't that many companies that make leg bands so you might want to contact them and ask them to provide your contact information to the breeder if they happened to have produced the band your bird is wearing but, if you bought the bird in a store, they should have a hatch certificate that would show the name of the breeder.

9. The following user likes this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (03-15-2019)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by slide95 View Post
    If you are in the States, usually, the year they were born (if it's there at all), is put accross and the breeder code and number that identifies that particular parrot is placed around the band. Some states (like NJ, for example) requires the two letters that identify it so, if nothing else, you know it wasn't born in any of those states.

There aren't that many companies that make leg bands so you might want to contact them and ask them to provide your contact information to the breeder if they happened to have produced the band your bird is wearing but, if you bought the bird in a store, they should have a hatch certificate that would show the name of the breeder.

Parrots

WhiteFace Pearl-Pied Female Cockatiel 'Princess' & Pied Male Cockatiel 'Charlie'.
    Your Muluccan is a year younger than me haha.
    Hold Fast to Dreams, For if Dreams Die, Life is a Bird That Cannot Fly~

NOTE: The Above Picture is of My Whiteface Pearl-Pied Female, Princess~ Getting her head scratched, but edited to look like another, Cartoon Tiel is scratching that itch for her, with his foot My handicap makes my fine motor skills poorer than most. I think it's kinda cute, regardless &&The Greenwing Macaw(s) in my Profile Picture is Merely a Dream of Mine! I don't own one

12. The following user likes this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (03-19-2019)