User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Louie

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    I think lories are beautiful. I was amazed at how smart, friendly and social the one I interacted with was. He was a black lorie and melted my heart.

I am not all that familiar with lorie types. What is the difference bt a lorie and a chattering lorie?
    Rosie & Kendra

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    Black lories are rare . Louie is a yellow streaked lory. Their are many different sizes of lorries. My chattering Percy is way bigger than Louie. Both smart like cockatoos can break out of everything,dismantle toys , repeat what you say , .play like Caiques ,like all the family members. Very smart birds . This is Percy , I was getting new toys and she kept talking to me . They said "Do you want to see her?"Of course I loved her [shes quite the beggar]. Shes a good size bigger than the Black Lory.
    http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p779/Blancaej/Terrisignature2_zpsb1f5f78e.jpg

3. The following user likes this post:

Lady (03-03-2015)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Oh wow! Beautiful!! Lories sound like an awesome choice.

Funny, I had no idea he was rare. He wanted to hang out with me and gave me a hard time about going back to his buddies.
    Rosie & Kendra

5. The following user likes this post:

Pinkbirdy (03-01-2015)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Percy is quite handsome. The colors he has are awesome. They sound like the perfect family bird companion!

7. The following user likes this post:

Pinkbirdy (03-02-2015)

Parrots

Caique- Pickles, Blue throated macaw- Lars, Medium sulphur crested cockatoo- Lilly, Double yellow headed amazon- Babe, Senegel- Rocky, Goffins cockatoo- Pearl, Catalina macaw- Fiesta and many many rescues!
    I have a duvyenbodes Lorie and as terri said they are great talkers so smart and wonderful to interact with!

9. The following user likes this post:

Pinkbirdy (03-03-2015)

Parrots

I currently own Digby - 3-year-old male Congo African Grey and Cleo - 15-year-old female Umbrella Cockatoo.
    I fostered a Yellow-Streaked Lory once. She was incredible, such a character. I gave her the name Phoebe and I loved her, we had a grand time but BOY was she a handful! She's in a happy home now.
    Last edited by Abby; 04-09-2015 at 05:49 PM.

11. The following user likes this post:

Pinkbirdy (04-10-2015)