User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Louie

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen

My Louie

Thought Id shave what its like to own my Lorrie . Louie was at a bird store [that I was at all the time ] waiting for my Caique to wean.He had been their a year .The store would use him at school demonstrations. Dave really liked him [but of course hes my bird now.Louie is very smart .He talks in phrases very fast ,can escape from his cage ,likes puzzle toys and is quite the show off. He plays on his back and will have one foot toy in his mouth and 2 more in his "hands" [hes a riot] .Seems to like love us all [will stick his tongue in you ear]. His downfalls ,he has to be taken out by himself . He will fly and attack the other birds . Though he is ok with the caiques visiting him when their out . Im amazed at all the species of them . I almost got a "perfect Lorry" once [so cute].
    http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p779/Blancaej/Terrisignature2_zpsb1f5f78e.jpg

2. The following 6 users like this post:

jessicas94lt1 (06-10-2014), kendrafitz (02-03-2014), Lady (03-01-2015), Maddy (02-02-2014), Mare (06-10-2014), Turquoise (02-03-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Terri Louie is super gorgeous. He would be a good one to save feathers from and then donate.

4. The following 2 users like this post:

Pinkbirdy (02-02-2014), Turquoise (02-03-2014)

Wow! Louie is adorable. What beautiful colours!

6. The following user likes this post:

Pinkbirdy (02-02-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    Do you need feathers?
    http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p779/Blancaej/Terrisignature2_zpsb1f5f78e.jpg

Nobility Member

Parrots

Peatree, Honey, and Pressie the GCCs, Paris the budgie, Grey Bird the CAG, and Jester Bean the C2
    Louie is gorgeous!! I love his colors!
    "Every once in awhile, a bird comes into your life and changes everything."

Always, Weasley. 2010 ~ 2013

Custom Pet Portraits ~ Art by Madalyn C

9. The following user likes this post:

Pinkbirdy (02-03-2014)

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets
    Louie is very beautiful!! I love the streaks of color in him.

I am glad you have shared with us what Lories are like. I have only seen them in person once when we went to the San Antonio Zoo where they had a large aviary we could walk in with lots of different species of smaller parrots such as Lories and Lorikeets all over the place. it was awesome to have all these little noisy birds flitting all about.
    ~~My Flock~~
    *In Loving Memory Of My Sweet Little Peta Girl~~R.I.P~~Love Mom*
    ~~Gotcha'~04/20/2012~~Flew Over The Rainbow Bridge~02/28/2014~~

11. The following user likes this post:

Pinkbirdy (02-03-2014)

Parrots

Caique- Pickles, Blue throated macaw- Lars, Medium sulphur crested cockatoo- Lilly, Double yellow headed amazon- Babe, Senegel- Rocky, Goffins cockatoo- Pearl, Catalina macaw- Fiesta and many many rescues!
    Always loved lories! I haven't seen many come through rescues.. I'm assuming most people don't get them or those that do, do decent with them.

13. The following user likes this post:

Pinkbirdy (06-09-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

I don't know if their hard to get? Their a messy bird ,but very smart and entertaining

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Terri, your Louie is beautiful~ Wow, he sounds like a wonderful species to have in your family!

Nobility Member

Parrots

Thanks , I have a Chattering Lory too. They are very smart entertaining birds, Im surprised at how well they can talk.