User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cochise~ Hawk-Headed Parrot

Parrots

1green cheek conure (Nika) 2 budgies (gadget and Diego)
    His coloring is amazing, what a cutie! So glad you rescued him from that hell. I love "rags to riches" happy ending stories about parrots (all animals, really).

Parrots

Red Fronted Macaw~Holly, Hawk-Headed Parrots~ Cochise & Yuna, Black Capped Conure~Elfe, Softbills- Green Aracari~Pico, American Singer Canary~Kismet, Blue Naped Mousebird~Gryphon
    Thank you Chris. Cochise and Yuna, Kismet and Elfe, all came from bad situations. So many people are uneducated, or just plain mean sadly. I try to give them all that I can, and make their life happy and filled with lots of love.
    keep smiling

Akita/lab~Heartly, Netherlands Dwarf Bunny~Elliot, Fancy Goldfish & Loaches

3. The following 2 users like this post:

Kalidasa (05-09-2013), Pinkbirdy (05-10-2013)

Parrots

B and G: Sparky, Red Fronted macaw: Jax, RBC: Pretty
    I am still amazed that people can treat these more rare birds so poorly, I just think, wow, they are hard to find and very expensive, you would think that these parrots would be better cared for. I can't fathom poor treatment at all but it is even more confusing with the rare and very expensive guys. I adopted my B and G from a dog and cat rescue that had no business taking a bird like her, my other guys came second hand and were from good re-homing situations. I have fostered some birds that were clearly badly treated while others were "just" neglected. All together it just doesn't make sense to treat these birds so badly.

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    Elizabeth - no it doesn't make sense. I think in terms of rare birds. Owners that treat them badly probably didn't do any research about the breed or bird care anyway. So my feeling is they probably don't even know what they have! It amazes me how people buy birds and do no research before hand. Then they end up with a problem that most of the time could have been prevented! Then there are those of us that re-home them and give them a much better life. Unfortunately not all birds that are in bad situations are so lucky.

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

Parrots

B and G: Sparky, Red Fronted macaw: Jax, RBC: Pretty
    I know that at least half of the birds that are sold die prematurely and on top of that many more are mistreated and poorly cared for. It makes me sick, I give my kids the best I can, but I also know that my own are just some of the lucky few. I am glad to see others who care and make a difference.

7. The following user likes this post:

Blancaej (06-10-2013)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    He is the most handsome bird on any bird forum. How luck you both are to be together. Do you know anything about the other birds this person has?