User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cochise~ Hawk-Headed Parrot

Parrots

Red Fronted Macaw~Holly, Hawk-Headed Parrots~ Cochise & Yuna, Black Capped Conure~Elfe, Softbills- Green Aracari~Pico, American Singer Canary~Kismet, Blue Naped Mousebird~Gryphon

Cochise~ Hawk-Headed Parrot

I have always been enthralled by this species, so when one popped up on Kijiji{a sort of craigs list} I was very excited. He also called out help to me in these photos that were posted.
    his head was green from the only junky toy in his cage

So I set about talking with his owner. Not an easy task, the fellow was not pleasant to deal with. When I arrived there...about an hour and a half out of town, and he started taking me towards an outdoor hot shed,my heart sank. There were many birds there, in various stages of neglect. It was very very sad.
    So I paid the ransom and took him home.
    first few pics at my home..he was terrified

Finally out of qt,I gave him a big cage, and at first he was afraid

continued...
    Last edited by keepsmiling; 04-21-2013 at 07:43 AM.

2. The following 4 users like this post:

aliray (04-21-2013), Kalidasa (05-09-2013), roxynoodle (04-21-2013), Wendy K. (04-21-2013)

Parrots

Red Fronted Macaw~Holly, Hawk-Headed Parrots~ Cochise & Yuna, Black Capped Conure~Elfe, Softbills- Green Aracari~Pico, American Singer Canary~Kismet, Blue Naped Mousebird~Gryphon
    And then he started slowly enjoying things like new toys

he became friends with Holly

he started eating healthy foods

we became friends

continued...

4. The following 5 users like this post:

aliray (04-21-2013), CrazyBirdLady (04-28-2013), Kalidasa (05-09-2013), roxynoodle (04-21-2013), Wendy K. (04-21-2013)

Parrots

It took baby steps to win his trust

he started looking better

he loves my birdy bread

watching Holly he started liking foot toys

continued...

6. The following 4 users like this post:

aliray (04-21-2013), CrazyBirdLady (04-28-2013), roxynoodle (04-21-2013), Wendy K. (04-21-2013)

Parrots

Every milestone brought tears to my eyes

A fellow I met on another forum came to visit from Australia, and took some cool pics of him

he loves to bathe

continued...

8. The following 5 users like this post:

aliray (04-21-2013), CrazyBirdLady (04-28-2013), Pinkbirdy (04-28-2013), roxynoodle (04-21-2013), Wendy K. (04-21-2013)

Parrots

he loves the wingdow

he does barber some..sometimes more than other times

last year he got this cage...in these pics Holly is in it, but she did not like being away from her cage, so I gave it to Cochise and now he loves it

10. The following 5 users like this post:

aliray (04-21-2013), CrazyBirdLady (04-28-2013), Kalidasa (05-09-2013), roxynoodle (04-21-2013), Wendy K. (04-21-2013)

Parrots

Videos
    Hanging out with Holly-they aren't exactly snuggle buddies, but they watch out for each other intensely
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWIYCjzPm9g
    this is what I call the banshee call
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fu-a7X_0gU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQHSk64fSuk
    bathing!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfZlP3DnuRY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfneOCHuryY

12. The following 3 users like this post:

aliray (04-21-2013), CrazyBirdLady (04-28-2013), Pinkbirdy (04-28-2013)

Parrots

3 Alexandrines Oxy, hatched August 2012 Bruno, hatched August 2011 Prince, hatched August 2009
    he is so beautiful, i have never seen one before.... im in awwwww. so glad u took him in and gave him a great home, he looks so happy

14. The following 2 users like this post:

aliray (04-21-2013), keepsmiling (04-21-2013)

Wow! Carole you have done a fantastic job with him. He certainly looks happy now and he is absolutely stunning.

16. The following 2 users like this post:

Parrots

Thank you Amanda and Wendy! Back to bed for me...

18. The following user likes this post:

Honesty (04-21-2013)

Banned

Parrots

Hunter (YN Amazon) - Sam (Magna DYH Amazon) - Nikolai (B&G Macaw) - Ripley (GW Macaw)
    What a happy and healthy Cochise!!! I LOVE his cage, the setup, ..... actually, I love everything!

The poor boy was living in a shed??? Some people should really NEVER be allowed to have a bird.

The banshee call had me laughing! Almost sound like an alien, lol. He is GORGEOUS!!! And how awesome that he and Holly can hang out together.

20. The following 2 users like this post: