User Tag List

Thread: ~~Sierra Sunrise Update~~

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets

~~Sierra Sunrise Update~~

No photos, sorry I'm at work and I'm not one to use my phone to take pics with much, so all bird photos are on my computer a good long ways from me til I get home.

Just wanted to let everyone one know how Sierra is getting along. We went through a little rough area with her regressing a bit to being a baby bird again. Not that this was a bad thing for her, she was just relentless with her insistent need for being fed even when she wasn't hungry. Let's just say her wires got a bit crossed and she truly did not know what it was she wanted.

She began growing g out of that and then went through a few days of "Fiddle Dee Dee, hate you Mommy!" " I am a big girl and can go do as I please!!" That was while on the play perch and this girl is way more hard headed than any of my macaws! She was determined to go where she pleased y fluttering off the perch since the store I got her from had her wings clipped.

Now she decides the play perch is fine to play on, but it Belongs To Her!!! Sierra would strut about on it like a little feather weight prize fighter. And pinch the tar out of my arm when I put her back in her cage. LOL I was told by a Pionus group on FB that they think they are as big as a macaw. They have that "Little Bird" syndrome.

So yesterday Sierra has decided I'm not such a bad Mommy and with a little coaxing will willingly get on my hand in her cage to come out. She likes the back of her head scratched & has since first coming home. I've used that as her treat from me every time I bring her out of her cage effort we do anything else. I put her on the play perch while I got everyone's food ready yesterday morning and she stayed on the perch playing. When I was ready to take her back to her cage she readily stepped up and all was well and happy in her little pionus world! To be so small compared to my macaws, she sure does have some big ideas in her head.

Oh yeah, and she didn't lose the "I hate you" attitude. No~~she decided Daddy needed to be the bad guy in her life! He walks up to her while on the play perch just to talk to her & she's strutting about looking up at this gigantic guy like she's the size of an eagle. He was dumb enough to offer her his finger to step up and she promptly bit it!! You should have heard the big guy scream, "You bit me!!!" To which Sierra stood her ground until he left and then she went on to gleefully play.

I might add this guy who stand 6'7" tall can only successfully hold Peta the next to the smallest bird in the house! Only the budgies are smaller. LOL
    Last edited by Turquoise; 01-30-2014 at 08:07 AM.
    ~~My Flock~~
    *In Loving Memory Of My Sweet Little Peta Girl~~R.I.P~~Love Mom*
    ~~Gotcha'~04/20/2012~~Flew Over The Rainbow Bridge~02/28/2014~~

2. The following 3 users like this post:

kendrafitz (01-30-2014), Mare (01-30-2014), spiritbird (01-30-2014)

Oh yeah, and she didn't lose the "I hate you" attitude. No~~she decided Daddy needed to be the bad guy in her life! He walks up to her while on the play perch just to talk to her & she's strutting about looking up at this gigantic guy like she's the size of an eagle. He was dumb enough to offer her his finger to step up and she promptly bit it!! You should have heard the big guy scream, "You bit me!!!" To which Sierra stood her ground until he left and then she went on to gleefully play.
    Poor Jerry! Sierra has obviously decided you are the only person she is going to tolerate! She seemed to like Jerry in the beginning?

It seems like Sierra is a little bird with a big attitude Look forward to seeing some new pics of her!

4. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (02-01-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Aww..poor Jerry. One of these days you may bring home a bird that prefers him, over you, and you will NEVER hear the end of all the attack stories, from your other birds, that he's had to suffer through! Tim is this way. When Sassy decides I'm in the way (when she's out with Tim) and starts dive bombing me, Tim thinks it's sooo cute! Butt-head!

6. The following 3 users like this post:

kendrafitz (01-30-2014), Pinkbirdy (01-31-2014), Turquoise (02-01-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    Thanks for the update I love hearing how the different species are [sometimes its not what I thought they would be like]. Its funny ,I think its the small ones you have to watch out for Your husbands a saint!!
    http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p779/Blancaej/Terrisignature2_zpsb1f5f78e.jpg

8. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (02-01-2014)

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets
    Thanks gals!

Wendy, when I first brought Sierra home she would get on either one of our hands. Jerry thought for sure he had a bird finally he could walk up to and hold when he wanted. Trouble is he won't keep up with spending time with any of the birds and expects them to rush over to him like, "Oh Daddy you love me again today." "I've missed you and wuv you." But we all know what birds are like if you ignore them then think everything is hunky dory when you come over to play. They be saying "Oh *bleep* no!!" "You ain't no friend of mine you louse!"

Yes Mare Jerry would definitely rub it in if he ever does get a bird other than Peta, who loves me as well as him, to attack me!

Terri, I will choose not to let Jerry know he is a saint to put up with my noisy, messy, 'Hate Daddy' birds! He shall remain humbled with the thought that he is not bird friendly.
    ~~My Flock~~
    *In Loving Memory Of My Sweet Little Peta Girl~~R.I.P~~Love Mom*
    ~~Gotcha'~04/20/2012~~Flew Over The Rainbow Bridge~02/28/2014~~

10. The following user likes this post:

Honesty (02-01-2014)