User Tag List

Thread: Oxy lost his tail

Parrots

3 Alexandrines Oxy, hatched August 2012 Bruno, hatched August 2011 Prince, hatched August 2009

Red face Oxy lost his tail

well about 2 weeks ago Oxy lost his 1st tail feather, and I have been waiting anxiously for the 2nd. Prince lost his within days of each other, and after the first one dropped, u could see the 2nd was coming and was a great discomfort to him. Oxy has shown no signs of dropping his 2nd.
    I just went over to the cage where oxy was sitting to play ball, and this is what i saw.

i went on a search for his lovely feather, and now i have both

measuring in at 23.5cm, its no comparison to prince's 35cm, but prince is 3 yrs older

2. The following 2 users like this post:

keepsmiling (04-21-2013), roxynoodle (04-21-2013)

Parrots

Red Fronted Macaw~Holly, Hawk-Headed Parrots~ Cochise & Yuna, Black Capped Conure~Elfe, Softbills- Green Aracari~Pico, American Singer Canary~Kismet, Blue Naped Mousebird~Gryphon
    Beautiful feathers. They are just amazing aren't they?

Parrots

3 Alexandrines Oxy, hatched August 2012 Bruno, hatched August 2011 Prince, hatched August 2009
    thank you, they are beautiful. its just a shame the camera on my phone does tge colouring no justice

Parrots

Nanday Conure (Rowdy), YCA (Pete) and CAG (Miss Merlin)
    Do they only have 2 tail feathers each?

Parrots

no they quite a few tail feathers, there tails taper and when in flight fan out. But the top 2, are the really long ones and the most beautifully coloured. They look funny without the long tails

Parrots

Misha - GGC Guapo - GCC Nimbus - Alexandrine
    He's a duck!

8. The following user likes this post:

gemini_84 (04-22-2013)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Akraya View Post
    He's a duck!
    thats what i told my partner when he got home from work. i told himi traded oxy in for a duck..... he looked at me strangely cause he knows id never part with oxy, then seen his tail and laughed.

10. The following user likes this post:

Akraya (04-24-2013)