User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harlequin Macaw

Parrots

Teka the Red Lored Amazon. . . Ruthie the Ruby Macaw.

Harlequin Macaw

So before we got our Ruby Macaw for Jenna, I was very interested in getting a Harlequin Mac. The issue was that I had Teka and he is very much my buddy. So I was not going to get a second friend for me before Jenna found hers. Jenna has since found Ruthie and they are very good friends. I have recently been able to take part in some of that but their relationship is the priority. Now that we are again on equal playing fields I am "softly" in the market for a Harlequin friend. I say softly because I am looking to adopt/re-home. As much as I would love a baby, I can't get myself to pay a breeder when there are so many great birds out there looking for better homes. I'm not against breeders at all. We just like giving the homeless a chance, and its worked out well with our first two. . . . .

Unless of course anyone knows of a baby Harlequin that needs to be adopted/rehomed.

I'm not by any means requesting that anyone just give us one of their feathered friends btw. We just want to put it out there that we have a great home with tons of equipment to give a homeless Mac a place to live. I just happen to prefer particular feather colors.

2. The following 2 users like this post:

aliray (04-22-2013), Wendy K. (04-21-2013)

Parrots

Keiko - yellow crowned amazon parrot
    Hi, i like the colour of them too

4. The following user likes this post:

Blackhawk007 (04-21-2013)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    Didnt you get both your guys from a rescue ? I know when I was looking into mine [I live in NY] .They had very few birds ,the lady kept telling me if there was something else I was interested in they were affiliated with other rescues. That might have what I want [because they all worked together and wanted to find them homes. Maybe you could call yours and ask for their help .

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkbirdy View Post
    Didnt you get both your guys from a rescue ? I know when I was looking into mine [I live in NY] .They had very few birds ,the lady kept telling me if there was something else I was interested in they were affiliated with other rescues. That might have what I want [because they all worked together and wanted to find them homes. Maybe you could call yours and ask for their help .
    That's actually how our whole thing got started. I called a rescue in St. Louis to ask questions. They refereed me to a rescue that I did not know about that's 10 min from our home. They then sent us up to a rescue in Wisconsin where we got Teka and Ruthie from. We hang out at the one that is close to us all the time. They run the rescue out of their house. I just thought I would break the ice on Harlequins here.

7. The following 2 users like this post:

aliray (04-22-2013), Pinkbirdy (04-21-2013)

Parrots

Tiki,african redbellied, Sweetie Pie quaker, Chiquita, yellow sided gcc, Lucas, spanish timbrado canary
    I hope you find one it sounds like you would give him or her a great home

Banned

Parrots

Hunter (YN Amazon) - Sam (Magna DYH Amazon) - Nikolai (B&G Macaw) - Ripley (GW Macaw)
    Looky Steve & Jenna...I know it's quite a ways away from you, but I just stumbled across him:
    http://www.birdsnow.com/bird-ad-476683

http://www.birdsnow.com/bird-ad-475341

10. The following user likes this post:

aliray (04-22-2013)

Parrots

Tiki,african redbellied, Sweetie Pie quaker, Chiquita, yellow sided gcc, Lucas, spanish timbrado canary
    Glad I am not in the market because Englewood Fla is the next town to me. I have seen adds from that breeder before but I do not know where his aviary is.

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    Quote Originally Posted by aliray View Post
    Glad I am not in the market because Englewood Fla is the next town to me. I have seen adds from that breeder before but I do not know where his aviary is.
    Hercules ... Now theres a name

13. The following user likes this post:

aliray (04-23-2013)

Parrots

Caique- Pickles, Blue throated macaw- Lars, Medium sulphur crested cockatoo- Lilly, Double yellow headed amazon- Babe, Senegel- Rocky, Goffins cockatoo- Pearl, Catalina macaw- Fiesta and many many rescues!
    Hey Blackhawks I will keep my eyes and ears open for one for you I got quite the resources of rescues I'll see if any have them out your way or so I'm sure they may. I mean or you could get a harlequin like mine that looks more terodactyle then harlequin lol!

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by jtbirds View Post
    Hey Blackhawks I will keep my eyes and ears open for one for you I got quite the resources of rescues I'll see if any have them out your way or so I'm sure they may. I mean or you could get a harlequin like mine that looks more terodactyle then harlequin lol!

Thanks Justin! I really enjoy Mac's that are larger in size. They just work with the setup that we have.