User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help with canary

Need help with canary

Hello guys its been awhile since i posted i have now decided to get my self a canary
    Need some information on care and cage requirements including toys
    I did some research and it says to keep them in a min of 18X18X18 cage but when i saw some shops they have like 6-8 of them in a 2feet cage all sides imo i felt it was small but when i asked the shop guy he gave me a answer which i thought was legit he said quote [ if the place of the cage was less then the canaries wouldn't be happily chirping and jumping all around] unquote
    But when i researched online i get confused
    Could any one guide me
    Thanks & Regards
    Nik Rebello

2. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (06-24-2017), Quakerella (07-18-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Congrats on your choice of bird. I have two canaries and they each have a cage that is 36" high, 30" across and 18" deep. Canaries are mostly seed eaters, although mine are also on fresh chop and sprouts, and they tend to become fat if there is not enough room for them to fly. Mine are quite busy throughout the day, flying down to their food and water dishes and shredding their toys near the top of the cage. Too small a cage would limit their mobility, particularly if they are not let out for flight time.

4. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (06-24-2017), Lady (06-27-2017), plax (06-25-2017), Quakerella (07-18-2017)

I see thanks for sharing this with me

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Can hardly wait to see what they look like. Gosh, the Canary's song is so beautiful. How wonderful it will be to wake up and hear them singing.

7. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (06-27-2017), PlaxMacaws (07-02-2017), Quakerella (07-18-2017)

Guys a small update im not gonna be taking the canary cause when i took my friend who knows more about birds than me we found out that the shopkeeper was actually cheating me and what i saw was not a canary but another thing so i searched around a little more and found that it was right the canaries they have were different than what i saw and then i saw a yellow sided green cheek conure (sorry if i misspelled it) but i was blown away by the color and I booked a baby conure will show you guys the pics soon

9. The following 4 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (06-30-2017), Dragonlady2 (06-29-2017), Lady (07-02-2017), Quakerella (07-18-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Can't wait to see pictures....baby birds are so cute. Any ideas for names yet?

11. The following 2 users like this post:

Lady (07-02-2017), Quakerella (07-18-2017)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    OOoooohhhh nice. Looking forward to seeing the pics!

13. The following user likes this post:

Quakerella (07-18-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady2 View Post
    Can't wait to see pictures....baby birds are so cute. Any ideas for names yet?
    I am thinking of either kiwi Or Jewel
    Or Sunshine

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    OOoooohhhh nice. Looking forward to seeing the pics!
    Our newest family member arrived
    Apologies for the bad quality pictures thats the best my phone can do

16. The following 5 users like this post:

Casper's 2nd best friend (07-17-2017), Dragonlady2 (07-17-2017), kendrafitz (07-17-2017), Lady (07-19-2017), Quakerella (07-18-2017)

Parrots

Casper, a blue fronted Amazon. Loves banana. Hates plastic bags and red coats.
    Quote Originally Posted by nick View Post
    ...Apologies for the bad quality pictures thats the best my phone can do...

Check that the lens is clean, a friend was asking why my pics were much better than his when we both had the same model phone, a quick spit and polish later his pictures were 100% better

Anyway she/he looks very cute tucking in to that sweetcorn.
    "A busy beak is a happy beak" - David Strom

18. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (07-17-2017), Lady (07-19-2017), nick (07-18-2017), Quakerella (07-18-2017)