User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arm Protection

Parrots

I have my almost 2 year old umbrella cockatoo, Mina.
    I can't see the pictures . I need something for lower arm to wrist. Not sure sometimes if I have a Too or a hawk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Quote Originally Posted by Minamommy View Post
    I can't see the pictures .
    Kim... let me know if you're able to see these:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ap1.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	42.4 KB 
ID:	2288

Name:	ap2.jpg 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	2289

Name:	ap3.jpg 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	2290

Name:	ap4.jpg 
Size:	72.2 KB 
ID:	2291

They're from Blanca's original post. I've merely saved them as attachments.
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

Parrots

I have my almost 2 year old umbrella cockatoo, Mina.
    I see them thank you Tony

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    You're welcome, Kim
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

Parrots

16 year old rehomed Scarlet 9/11/15 6 year old Blue & Gold Had a indian ringneck, tiel and quaker in the past! Love and miss them dearly
    Some of you may know that Im new and have two beautiful Macaws. One of which is older and I have been trying to get her used to me seeing how I was told she doesnt like females. Doing so I have been biten several times on my forarm and one pretty bad one on the end of my middle finger! I try to give her treats she likes and one of her biggest problems was that she was closed up in her cage most of her life and now I am letting her out to have the freedom she deserves. Doing that means I have to get her back in her cage at night. My B&G has always slept in my room on her perch. She has never gotten off of it, then she comes out side each day. The new Scarlet gets down off her perch and CAN NOT BE TRUSTED!!!! So my question is... Is there some way I can pritect my arm from bites??? I know it takes time and I am trying to give it to her but also try to give her freedom by letting her out of her cage each day! Any suggestions would help!

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Ouch, I get so hurt when my little mini bites I could imagine how much it would hurt from a Scarlet. Does she have a special treat she really likes? If so I would let her see me put it in her cage in hopes she would go to the cage to get it.

This is an article that I found that might help,
    https://bestinflock.wordpress.com/20...side-his-cage/

Parrots

My newly adopted macaw lucky and hubby bird cheiwe duskey headed conure
    Thanks for this I've been having the same problem I have little scars and scratch marks all over my arm from lucky lol

Parrots

My newly adopted macaw lucky and hubby bird cheiwe duskey headed conure
    If you can try talking to her a bunch and letting her look at you it does take time I got my lucky boy two months ago and he has now picked me over my hubby as I spend more time trying to understand him lol I'm also a new parrot owner

9. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (09-26-2016), Lady (09-23-2016)

Parrots

1 1/2 year old DNA tested male Lovebird- Nash
    Yikes, I know a green wing who has the grip of a baby too! Most every other large macaw I have had the pleasure of holding has understood after the age of 5 months or so, that they don'tneed to grip so hard.. but my boy Mombo who is 32 STILL grips like hes 3 months old! I get cuts, bruises, and red marks that last all day too on my arm! Glad you found a solution for your lady!(:

@Goofybird5
    I would recommend target training if you haven't already! Getting ANY bird back in a cage, tamed or not, can be difficult. Try target training her, and you will be able to ask her to go back in the cage by herself ( or ask her to step up on a perch/your arm ) and then put her in the cage and give her the "good" command and a big ole treat! Nash is a wonderful example of the benefits of target training and goes into his cage ANY time I ask, even if he is having a lot of fun outside... he always goes in because he knows it's treat time!
    http://www.preciselyparrots.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3935&d=1458826196

11. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (09-26-2016), Lady (09-28-2016)

When my arms start getting all scratched up I do something silly like getting the nails done. Problem solved.