User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How many breeders on this board

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    Thank you Dragaonlady2. I have been raising birds for almost 40 years, but only breeding for the last 10. Yes, I do breed Quakers, love those little guys, so comical and loving. I do have pets as well, 3 quakers, 2 blue and 1 green, 1 Eastern Rosella, and 1 lovebird. The Lovebird is actually my sons, but he has gone to University. I am looking forward to hearing about everyone else's birds, as well as help new breeders if I can.

2. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (09-13-2016)

Parrots

Greenwing macaws,Blue and Gold macaws,Calico macaws.Military macaws,Severe macaw,Hahns macaw,firey shouldered conures,Sun conures,Blue crowned conure,Blackwinged jardine,Greater jardine,Quakers,Congo african greys,Jenday conure,goldcapped conure and SI eclectus
    Hey to Big Red....now trouble has really shown its face here.Seriously....she is one of the most compassionate people you will ever find .A huge asset to this board...Welcome
    "Ivo"

4. The following 2 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (09-13-2016), Lady (09-15-2016)

Parrots

Greenwing macaws,Blue and Gold macaws,Calico macaws.Military macaws,Severe macaw,Hahns macaw,firey shouldered conures,Sun conures,Blue crowned conure,Blackwinged jardine,Greater jardine,Quakers,Congo african greys,Jenday conure,goldcapped conure and SI eclectus
    Welcome to Quakerella...youve found the best place online for the welfare and protection of companion birds.I look forward of hearing more from you...us Canucks gotta stick together eh
    "Ivo"

6. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (09-13-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Quakerella and Big Red....we'd love to see some pics. Again, welcome to the forum!

8. The following user likes this post:

Lady (09-15-2016)

Parrots

Mare...remembr should you eventually decide to let your little ones go....you have the right of refusal.If you dont feel the individual is responsable enough for your bird...there is nothing that says you have to sell the little one to them.We are strict about the people that end up with our babies.After all you tend to fall in love with them(the birds not the people).If it doesnt feel right...we suggest perhaps this isnt for them.We also have a policy that should their bird not work outb..we will take it back.We will not have our birds bounce from home to home or end up in a rescue.
    "Ivo"

10. The following 4 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (09-13-2016), Lady (09-15-2016), Mare (09-20-2016), Quakerella (09-13-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

8 quaker parakeets, 4 Indian Ringneck parakeets, 3 lovebirds, 5 cockatiels
    I agree with you Cedardave, follow your instinct. I have turned down clients because I didn't think they were a suitable match for a bird, and your right you do fall in love. We have the same policy, if you can no longer care for the bird then bring it back to us.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rainbow1.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	4468Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ramsaypp.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	4469

This is Rainbow my Eastern Rosella and Ramsay my IRN as a baby
    Last edited by Quakerella; 09-13-2016 at 11:10 PM.

12. The following 3 users like this post:

Dragonlady2 (09-13-2016), Lady (09-15-2016), Mare (09-20-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Willy-Eclectus, Oliver-alexandrine, Mookie-Senegal, Bella- Australian King, Joey and Peewee- Barrabands, Peachiegirl-Peachfront conure, Pepper- crimson belly conure, Peanut-plum head, Babyblue-parrotlette, Harry and Louie-canaries.
    Quakerella…your Rosella is beautiful. Rainbow is the perfect name for her.

14. The following user likes this post:

Lady (09-15-2016)

Parrots

Very nice birds
    "Ivo"

Super Moderator

Parrots

It's good to see that you all are ethical breeders. You may be the ones to keep some of the endangered parrots off the extinct list.

17. The following user likes this post:

Lady (09-15-2016)

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    So very glad to meet you both. There is quite a bit of info here about our birds. We are all looking forward to hearing about your beauties!

19. The following user likes this post:

Dragonlady2 (09-16-2016)