User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Learning to Fly

Parrots

Rose Breasted Cockatoo Murphy and Palm Cockatoo baby Poe, Queen of Bavaria and Elvis a Spanish Timbrado and a rehomed Luci, another Palm Cockatoo
    My bird was 10 months old when I got him and clipped. My experience was a little scary and I don't think Murphy ever flew before. It took at least 6 months for his flight feathers to grow back. He was clumsy and awkward and didn't fly often at all until I got another bird that was full flighted and very young. Amazing to see Murphy finally fly with grace and control. He is very proud of himself. It took Bailey to do it. Bailey would fly toward Murphy who would get scared and fly off and thats what did it. Now he is a natural. In fact Murphy is great at recall. All my birds are recall trained and it so much fun for all of us!

Parrots

I have my almost 2 year old umbrella cockatoo, Mina.
    This is great to see this. My U2 is 2 years old and I have decided to see if I can get her to "grow up " and stop wanting to eat soft cereal and eat pellets, fruits, ect. I too am so excited!! Recall training I never thought of though. I will check it out. I am currently trying to train to to stay in one spot *doubles up laughing*. Not working😁

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Do see that she is happier with her wings grown out?

Parrots

I have my almost 2 year old umbrella cockatoo, Mina.
    Yes she does seem happier and more independent. She is eating all solid food no soft cereal. That was what I really wanted. Seeing her happy and well adjusted is great too.

5. The following user likes this post:

Mare (02-23-2014)