User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions and Discussion relating to the WIN $500 for 1000 Posts Contest

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"

Questions and Discussion relating to the WIN $500 for 1000 Posts Contest

If anyone wants to ask questions or talk about the contest, this is the place to do it. Don't forget, it becomes active on January 16th at 0:01 UTC - so we're getting close! Everyone besides our staff members may participate
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

2. The following 2 users like this post:

Debra (01-10-2014), Honesty (01-10-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    Is it the person who gets to a 1000 posts first [or is their a time limit ?] you have to number the post as you do them?
    http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p779/Blancaej/Terrisignature2_zpsb1f5f78e.jpg

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkbirdy View Post
    Is it the person who gets to a 1000 posts first [or is their a time limit ?] you have to number the post as you do them?
    It's the person who hits 1000 posts first. There's no time limit at all. The $500 prize WILL be awarded to the winner! You don't have to number the posts, but you do have to submit your starting post count.

Just 6 more days to go until the contest begins I am sure you all have lots of questions, so feel free to ask away!

Nobility Member

Parrots

Peatree, Honey, and Pressie the GCCs, Paris the budgie, Grey Bird the CAG, and Jester Bean the C2
    What time will the contest start in the EST time zone? (Sorry, I'm not too good with figuring that out)
    "Every once in awhile, a bird comes into your life and changes everything."

Always, Weasley. 2010 ~ 2013

Custom Pet Portraits ~ Art by Madalyn C

Hi Maddy.

The contest starts at 1 minute past midnight on 16th January.... 0.01 UTC. Obviously you do not have to enter at this exact time, just as long as it is not before the 16th

Administrator

Parrots

What time will the contest start in the EST time zone? (Sorry, I'm not too good with figuring that out)
    That would be 7:01 PM on January 15th.

Parrots

eclectus x 4, cockatiels x4, lories x2, budgies x26 and babies all year round of all my birds
    ok so what time would that be here in Australia, as we now have a few people here, not that i can enter.

Administrator

Parrots

ok so what time would that be here in Australia, as we now have a few people here, not that i can enter.
    You also have more than one time zone in Australia if I'm not mistaken.

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Here is a question my husband brought up. As far as the posts themselves go, do any posts count? My husband had said an unethical person could just post random things and get to 1000 in a day. (Things like - yeah that's cool, pretty bird, I like pie, parrots are birds, etc). I just want to be sure since I hadn't even thought of that and it changes my view of monitoring the posts.
    Rosie & Kendra