User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ~~~Sierra Sunrise~~Few New Pics~~~

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets

~~~Sierra Sunrise~~Few New Pics~~~

Well figured it was time to post a few new photos of Sierra and give a little update on her. She has been home with me for 2 1/2 weeks and she is figuring out this is HER home now! She still has a mind of her own, but she is beginning to realize that I am the boss and she has to at least pretend she is listening to me. She has some really funny looking feet to me. They are so stubby like compared to the long wispy ones the macaws have. Hers remind me of dinosaur feet like on some pterodactyl type bird from the Jurassic era.

Sierra readily gets on my hand to come out, put her on her play perch and she goes strutting about as if she is the big bird on the block. She is toning her need for comfort baby food down more every day. She eats great with her regular foods and fresh veggies, she just needed to be reassured with the baby food for a bit longer. And tho she is very quiet going about her daily routine, she can be relentless & LOUD for such a slip of a thing for her baby food.

"I got an idea, I'll pretend I don't want any baby food. Yeah!!"

"I don't think she's paying me any mind."

"So you think ignoring me is the answer?"

"MAaaaa~~Can you hear me now?"

"I think the Old Bat has gone deaf..."

"Mommy, can I please have some baby food?" "Huh!!"

"What?" "I'm not a baby any more~~*sniff~sniff*"

"Mama!!" "You are as mean as a snake!" "You are indeed!"

"Maybe if I sneak over to the fridge, I can find where the
    Old Bat hides that yummy food!"

"Are you spying on ME?!"
    ~~My Flock~~
    *In Loving Memory Of My Sweet Little Peta Girl~~R.I.P~~Love Mom*
    ~~Gotcha'~04/20/2012~~Flew Over The Rainbow Bridge~02/28/2014~~

2. The following 7 users like this post:

Birdboy (01-12-2014), Blancaej (01-09-2014), Debra (01-09-2014), Feathers First Aviary (01-16-2014), Honesty (01-09-2014), kendrafitz (01-09-2014), Mare (01-10-2014)

De'Andrea, your captions are just the best I am laughing so much here

Those are beautiful pics of Sierra. She seems to have grown so much since you posted the first pics of her! Her colours are really coming out now. She is adorable

4. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (01-09-2014)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Sierra Sunrise is gorgeous! I'm happy she is settling in so well and has decided she is just as big and tough as the macs.

Great photos and captions!!!!
    Rosie & Kendra

6. The following 2 users like this post:

Honesty (01-09-2014), Turquoise (01-09-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    Well shes too freaken cute anyways !
    http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p779/Blancaej/Terrisignature2_zpsb1f5f78e.jpg

8. The following 2 users like this post:

Honesty (01-09-2014), Turquoise (01-09-2014)

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    De'Andrea - Sierra Sunrise is so darn cute! I love the captions as well. They kept me laughing! Thanks for sharing that sweet girl with us!

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

10. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (01-09-2014)

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets
    Thanks Gals!!

Looks like Sierra is going to give me some good photos for captions like the rest of my flock. I seem to have the biggest hams when I get my camera out~~All except the Budgies! They are not so cooperative with photos. The rest are big show offs.
    ~~My Flock~~
    *In Loving Memory Of My Sweet Little Peta Girl~~R.I.P~~Love Mom*
    ~~Gotcha'~04/20/2012~~Flew Over The Rainbow Bridge~02/28/2014~~

12. The following 2 users like this post:

Blancaej (01-09-2014), Honesty (01-09-2014)

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    We know how they all love attention!

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

14. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (01-10-2014)

Parrots

1 female Double Yellowheaded Amazon named Beertje (almost 40!), 1 female Umbrella Cockatoo named Maxi (age: 4), 1 male Congo African Grey named Alex (age: 4), 1 male Jenday Conure named Jopie (age: 9), 1 female Pyrrhura Molinea (Greencheek Conure), Cinamon mutation named Kiwi (Age: 6), 2 male Pacific Parrotlets, blu mutation (brothers
    Hello De'Andrea,

I love the photos of your sweet baby Sierra. She's soooooo cute, but at her young age also a little rascal with a mind of her own. LOL!
    Thanks for sharing these lovely pics + information!

Greetings from the Netherlands,

Rita

16. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (01-10-2014)

Parrots

eclectus x 4, cockatiels x4, lories x2, budgies x26 and babies all year round of all my birds
    Great shots and caps there De, she has grown a lot from the 1st pics.

18. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (01-10-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Sierra sounds like quite the character! Great pics, she really is a cutie!

20. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (01-11-2014)