User Tag List

Thread: A busy day!

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!

A busy day!

Amigo is a free flyer, most days, and today, (here in Cali), was a perfect flying day. The outside temp was in the mid 60's and the the electric meter reader guy, came for a visit! Woohoo! These are Amigo's favorite type of days He flew to the electric pole above the meter and kept saying "Hi there" to the electric company man, he is getting use to having this guy in his territory . My daughter came over for a visit and proceeded to go on a run of the property, Amigo tagged along, tree to tree. He then worked on his "hole in the tree" for a couple hours, chipping away, trying to make it perfect for that some day mate who will find him irresistible!
    At four o'clock I call him in for dinner. He was so funny, popping his head out of the tree hole, jumping up onto a limb and bee-lining it in to eat he was STARVING after such a busy day!
    Last edited by Mare; 01-08-2014 at 12:44 AM.

2. The following 2 users like this post:

kendrafitz (01-08-2014), Wayne361 (01-08-2014)

I love hearing about Amigo's day! I can just picture him talking to that man and following your daughter. Keep up with these things with us!

4. The following user likes this post:

Mare (01-08-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    What a sight I bet !!!! I would be in "Awe" being a part of such a intelligent guys life !! Neat he acknowledges the meter guy
    http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p779/Blancaej/Terrisignature2_zpsb1f5f78e.jpg

6. The following user likes this post:

Mare (01-08-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Amigo is a character, for sure! There is never a dull moment around this bird. I was pulling dead pepper plants, the other day, and he flew in to help make sure I didn't have "just one" pile

8. The following 2 users like this post:

Debra (01-08-2014), Pinkbirdy (01-08-2014)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Amigo must be such a majestic site when free flying and talking at the same time.

10. The following user likes this post:

Mare (01-10-2014)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    I am glad Amigo has decided to befriend the electric guy. My husband and I still laugh about their first meeting. I love Amigo stories!!
    Rosie & Kendra

12. The following user likes this post:

Mare (01-10-2014)

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    Amigo is just amazing! I love reading his stories of him being out and about!

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

14. The following user likes this post:

Mare (01-10-2014)