User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: As a new member since today I would like to introduce myself to you all!

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    How is the weather where you live? Are you having any changes like much of the US is having an exceptionally cold winter.
    I pray you will get some ideas of what your cat's diagnosis is.

2. The following user likes this post:

Honesty (01-08-2014)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    I hope that the vet is able to figure out what is wrong and treat it. I feel badly for you both!
    Rosie & Kendra

Parrots

1 female Double Yellowheaded Amazon named Beertje (almost 40!), 1 female Umbrella Cockatoo named Maxi (age: 4), 1 male Congo African Grey named Alex (age: 4), 1 male Jenday Conure named Jopie (age: 9), 1 female Pyrrhura Molinea (Greencheek Conure), Cinamon mutation named Kiwi (Age: 6), 2 male Pacific Parrotlets, blu mutation (brothers
    Hello Spiritbird, Hello Kendra Fitz,

The weather here is still warmer then normally at this time of year. About 7 till 8 degrees above the freezing-temperature.
    It'll be colder in some days from now.
    I've spoken to the vet yesterday again. A specialized vet looked at my cat Trijntje's X-rays.
    Altrhough no tumor-cells were found in the biopsy-tissue that went to the lab, he still thinks she must have a tumor to cause the tissue-damage she has in her nose and her disapearing nose-bone.
    It's just not 100% sure. I just have to make sure she's comfortable and gets her medication. There's nothing they can do for her.
    I guess it's a question of weeks or maybe months till I have to let her been put to sleep, although I still can't give up the hope they are wrong and she doesn't have a tumor and the antibiotics will cure her.
    Yesterday-evening I made two video's when she was jumping on my lap and greeting me constantly, rubbing her little head to my face.

Yesterday I've send a thread with two video's. I hope you will take a look at my video's (a photovideo of Maxi & Alex "in love") and a video of Alex talking.)

Greetings from the Netherlands,
    Rita

Parrots

1 female Double Yellowheaded Amazon named Beertje (almost 40!), 1 female Umbrella Cockatoo named Maxi (age: 4), 1 male Congo African Grey named Alex (age: 4), 1 male Jenday Conure named Jopie (age: 9), 1 female Pyrrhura Molinea (Greencheek Conure), Cinamon mutation named Kiwi (Age: 6), 2 male Pacific Parrotlets, blu mutation (brothers
    Hello Turquoise (what is your real first name?),

Thank you for the information about your wonderful Macaws.
    In the USA, Australia etc. there are much more bird-owners then here in the Netherlands.
    Some people do own macaws, but hybrids are very rare. I know only one hybrid named "Ken" and he's owned by a nearby zoo (Ouwehands Dierenpark).
    I read some of your macaws are disabled since hatching or since their first day, but they cope well with their disabilety and are lovely birds. That's so wonderful.
    As you, I've added Spiritbird (I understand her real name is Diane) to my Precisely Parrots friends, so maybe she is willing to make a beautiful signature for me.
    Thank you for this information.

I don't know the breed the Pionus Sierra yet. Since when do you have that bird? Can you tell me some more about this breed?
    I understand it's a Pionus-breed, but the Sierra-type is unknown by me.

Yesterday I've sent a new thread to Precisely Parrots with my two first videos in it. One photo-video of my U2 Maxi & CAG Alex "in love" and one of my CAG talking.
    I hope you will take a look and look forward at your respond.

Yes Pinaple and Cinamon look a lot like eachother.
    With Pinaple they are ligher then normal colours are rather bright.
    With Cinamon they are lighter then normal colours are rather soft.

Rita
    Last edited by Rita; 01-09-2014 at 11:36 AM.

6. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (01-09-2014)

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets
    Rita, my real first name is De'Andrea. Thank you for the friends request.

My Pionus is a White capped or in some places you will see them referred to as White Crowned. Her name is Sierra Sunrise, that is what I chose to call her. I have a couple of threads in the Pionus section of the Species Specific forum category here if you would like to see what she looks like. She is almost 5 months old, so her colors are not completely in. She will need to moult a couple of times before she gets all of her white cap and the blue comes in better around her neck.

I will view you videos later when I get home. I have a couple of appointments my hubby and I have to attend to today. Where I live in the country my internet is not real stable and videos take 3 times longer to load than for most folks.
    ~~My Flock~~
    *In Loving Memory Of My Sweet Little Peta Girl~~R.I.P~~Love Mom*
    ~~Gotcha'~04/20/2012~~Flew Over The Rainbow Bridge~02/28/2014~~

Parrots

Thank you De'Andrea, for all your information.
    Right now I don't have the time to do so, but soon I would like to take a look at the Pionus section of the Species Specific forum category
    (If I can find it!)
    I look forward on your respond at my two video's. Take your time.

Rita

Parrots

eclectus x 4, cockatiels x4, lories x2, budgies x26 and babies all year round of all my birds
    Hi Rita and welcome sorry its a bit late i have been with out my laptop,what a great intro, and you have such great looking birds.

Parrots

Thank you Coltfire, for your welcome. Glad to hear you enjoyed my introduction.
    Looking at your signature you do have wonderfull birds yourself too. I especially like the picture of the Eclectus-female preening her tailfeathers!
    Did you take a look at my photo-album yet? I hope you find the time to do that.
    I see you're from Queensland, Australia. The land of the Cockatoos and Lories and many other wonderful birds!

Rita