User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: As a new member since today I would like to introduce myself to you all!

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    Hi Rita and welcome!!!

First of all, I absolutely love your profile pic! Alex and Maxi looks so sweet together on your shoulder.

I enjoyed reading about all of your babies. I am so sorry to hear about your cat and hope you get some good news soon. I will have to go check out your photo album so I can picture faces with your stories.

Looking forward to reading more about your adventures!
    Rosie & Kendra

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets
    Welcome to our flock Rita! Your birds and other critters sound like a lot of fun to have around. When I am home on my computer instead of my phone with a small screen I will look at all your pretty bird photos in your album.

I have 2 Catalina macaw brothers, Roscoe & Angel. 1 Green Wing macaw female, Ruby Jewel. 1 female Eclectus, 1 Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta. 1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise and 9 Budgies. That is my flock and they are all rotten right down to the bottom of their tiniest feather. I love them dearly. Will be looking forward to hearing more about your flock.
    ~~My Flock~~
    *In Loving Memory Of My Sweet Little Peta Girl~~R.I.P~~Love Mom*
    ~~Gotcha'~04/20/2012~~Flew Over The Rainbow Bridge~02/28/2014~~

3. The following user likes this post:

Honesty (01-07-2014)

Parrots

Punky (Galah), Skittles (Rainbow Lorikeet), Mia (Sun Conure), Max (Green Cheek Conure), Tonks (Cockatiel), Tessa (Cockatiel), Lola (Budgie), Sid (Lovebird), Aussie (Lovebird), Johnny (Lovebird)
    Welcome Rita! I loved reading your introduction, it sounds like your furred and feathered family certainly keep you busy! Hopefully everything works out alright with your cat! And in case you were wondering your English is very good!!

My name is Emma and I live in Australia. I have 10 birds all up, a Galah (rose breasted cockatoo), a Rainbow Lorikeet, a Sun Conure, a Green Cheek Conure, 3 Peachface Lovebirds, 2 Cockatiels and a Budgie! We also have a dog, a horse and 2 sheep!

Looking forward to reading more from you, Precisely Parrots is a great forum with a fantastic bunch of people (even if we are all slightly crazy lol)!

5. The following 2 users like this post:

Honesty (01-07-2014), Turquoise (01-07-2014)

Parrots

1 female Double Yellowheaded Amazon named Beertje (almost 40!), 1 female Umbrella Cockatoo named Maxi (age: 4), 1 male Congo African Grey named Alex (age: 4), 1 male Jenday Conure named Jopie (age: 9), 1 female Pyrrhura Molinea (Greencheek Conure), Cinamon mutation named Kiwi (Age: 6), 2 male Pacific Parrotlets, blu mutation (brothers
    Thank you Wendy.
    Yesteday-evening I found out how to add texts to my photo's so I did that.
    Thank you also for explaining how I can add a photo from my album into my posts.

Greetings from the Netherlands,
    Rita

7. The following user likes this post:

Honesty (01-07-2014)

Parrots

1 female Double Yellowheaded Amazon named Beertje (almost 40!), 1 female Umbrella Cockatoo named Maxi (age: 4), 1 male Congo African Grey named Alex (age: 4), 1 male Jenday Conure named Jopie (age: 9), 1 female Pyrrhura Molinea (Greencheek Conure), Cinamon mutation named Kiwi (Age: 6), 2 male Pacific Parrotlets, blu mutation (brothers
    Hello Kendra,
    Thank you for your welcome!
    Yes, I love that profile-photo too. Maxi & Alex both show me, with there bended heads towards my cheek, how much they love me.
    I have wonderful bonds with them!
    Yesterday the vet called about my cat Trijntje's lab-result from ther biopsy. Allthough no cancercells were found, it's still not good.
    The proces going on allready had damaged her nosebone.
    Something is really wrong. She still might have a tumor, but then located further downworths so the biopsy didn't take tissue from that dept.
    The vet found it very unpleasant she couldn't tell me, after the expensive boipsy etc. what the diagnoses is. And they can't help my cat either.
    Her advice is to continue with her medication and watch her. She behaves no different then before.
    This morning, when I was laying at the couch, she jumped on top of me, rubbing her head into my face and she wanted to be petted.
    Trijntje is 13 right now.

Rita

Quote Originally Posted by Rita View Post
    Thank you Wendy.
    Yesteday-evening I found out how to add texts to my photo's so I did that.
    Thank you also for explaining how I can add a photo from my album into my posts.

Rita
    You are very welcome Rita

I am sorry to hear about Trijnje's. Hopefully, she will recover!

Parrots

Hello Turquose,
    Thank you for your welcome and introducing your wonderfull flock to me.
    Wow, you do have impressive birds. I have to look up the Catalina Macaws (or can you please give me some more information about that breed (or mutation?))
    You also own a beautiful Greenwing Macaw. WOW. I am so fond of the beautiful colour-combination of female Eclectus Parrots and you have one of those stunning birds too.
    Peta looks just like my Kiwi at your fantastic flock-avatar. How by the way do you make an avatar pictutre like yours??? My Kiwi is a Cinamon Green Cheek Conure.

I have to stop writing. I need to pick up my 87-year old father at 10.00 O'Clock for a hospital-check up of his inflamed toe. I need to hurry now.

Rita

11. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (01-07-2014)

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets
    Thanks Rita. Catalina macaws are a hybrid between a blue & gold macaw and a Scarlet macaw. They are really sweet macaws to be owned by. Roscoe is more like a B & G while his brother has more of a Scarlet personality. Angel is the older of the two brothers and has leg disabilities he was born with. He can't stand on his legs like Roscoe, but he climbs everywhere and lays across his intertwined perches when he tires of hanging on his wire. He is a joy to have here. My Ruby Jewel, the Green Wing is missing part of her left wing due to her father bird biting it off when she was 1 day old. She will never fly, is very sensitive about it but is a total sweetheart in every way.

My signature with my birds on it was made by Blanca, one of the SMods on the forum. She, Diane ( Spirit bird) and Maddy make beautiful signatures for members for free. Anyone of them would be more than happy to make you one. There is a thread that shows some of the signatures each one has already made and you can send the person you want to make you one a personal message about making you one. They can let you know what they need in photos after you tell them how you want it to look. I have to get my revised one up later today when I am home & can be on my computer. Blanca has my new bird, my pionus Sierra on it, now my signature will be complete.

I have noticed in photos cinnamon and pineapple green cheeks do look almost alike. There is just a small color difference to the head area it seems. Hope all goes well with your dad and the doctor visit.
    ~~My Flock~~
    *In Loving Memory Of My Sweet Little Peta Girl~~R.I.P~~Love Mom*
    ~~Gotcha'~04/20/2012~~Flew Over The Rainbow Bridge~02/28/2014~~

13. The following user likes this post:

spiritbird (01-08-2014)

Parrots

Hello Emma,

I love to be bussy with my furred and feathered family. That gives me so much joy!
    Although no tumorcells were found in the biopsie tissue of my cat, she still might have a tumor. For sure something is very wrong with her health. The real diagnoses can't be found and the vet hated that.
    Emma, you do have a wonderful flock of birds! Where in Auistralia do you live? What dog do you have? What horse and sheep do you have?

Rita

Parrots

Punky (Galah), Skittles (Rainbow Lorikeet), Mia (Sun Conure), Max (Green Cheek Conure), Tonks (Cockatiel), Tessa (Cockatiel), Lola (Budgie), Sid (Lovebird), Aussie (Lovebird), Johnny (Lovebird)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rita View Post
    Hello Emma,

I love to be bussy with my furred and feathered family. That gives me so much joy!
    Although no tumorcells were found in the biopsie tissue of my cat, she still might have a tumor. For sure something is very wrong with her health. The real diagnoses can't be found and the vet hated that.
    Emma, you do have a wonderful flock of birds! Where in Auistralia do you live? What dog do you have? What horse and sheep do you have?

Rita
    I live in country Victoria (about a 3 hour drive from Melbourne) on the Great Ocean Road
    Our dog is an American Staffordshire Terrier, our horse is a Quarterhorse x Apaloosa and the sheep are just normal white wooly sheep I think lol, my partner is the farmer in the family, I just like to look at how cute they are
    Hopefully your vet will find some answers as to what is wrong with your cat soon, and hopefully its better news than expected xx