User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: As a new member since today I would like to introduce myself to you all!

Parrots

1 female Double Yellowheaded Amazon named Beertje (almost 40!), 1 female Umbrella Cockatoo named Maxi (age: 4), 1 male Congo African Grey named Alex (age: 4), 1 male Jenday Conure named Jopie (age: 9), 1 female Pyrrhura Molinea (Greencheek Conure), Cinamon mutation named Kiwi (Age: 6), 2 male Pacific Parrotlets, blu mutation (brothers
    Thank you Wendy!
    I'm going to save this site-address and look at it later.
    I've uploaded my 14 photo's again.
    When I clicked on the first photo I received this message: "Invalid Picture specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator".
    It's driving me a bit crazy now.

Greetings,
    Rita
    Last edited by Rita; 01-06-2014 at 06:59 PM.

Parrots

1 female Double Yellowheaded Amazon named Beertje (almost 40!), 1 female Umbrella Cockatoo named Maxi (age: 4), 1 male Congo African Grey named Alex (age: 4), 1 male Jenday Conure named Jopie (age: 9), 1 female Pyrrhura Molinea (Greencheek Conure), Cinamon mutation named Kiwi (Age: 6), 2 male Pacific Parrotlets, blu mutation (brothers
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SONY, 2013-10-8 (2) CUT 98 x 100, lichter.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	1755

I've just typed in a whole text answering your reaction, but when I added a picture, the hole text was gone.
    So now I have to type in a new text. Here it is:

The vet just called about my cat Trijntje and the lab-results. No tumor-cells were found, but................ she still might have a tumor located further downworths or so. It's to strange her nose-bone is breaking down into fluid. The vet didn't know what to do now. She adviced me to coninue with the medication and keep an eye on her.
    I only have one cat now. I used to have 3. My sweet tomcats Thijs and King passed away in November 2012 and February 2013.
    All my cats left the coutch or the room as soon as my parrots (most of the time CAG Alex) came to near. Less then an armlenght was "to near" for my cats.
    My Chihuahuas are small dogs. Alex loves to rease them. His beak could harm my Chi's. I always supervise them when they are near to eachother and when I think enough is enough I make sure to seperate them.

My U2 Maxi alway flew to the couch when she saw that tomcat Thijs was laying there. She preened his coat for long periods of time and it was okay with Thijs. I still do have video's of that rare behaviour.

I've uploaded my 14 photo's again.
    When I clicked on the first photo I received this message: "Invalid Picture specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator".
    It's driving me a bit crazy now.
    The added photo above is the one I would like to use as my profile photo. Size is just 98 x 100 so that should be okay, but it didn't work.

Greetings from the Netherlands,
    Rita
    Last edited by Rita; 01-08-2014 at 08:30 AM.

Parrots

Oh yes Debra, Monk Parakeets or Quaker Parrots. That's the right name of that breed.
    I got near with "Munk" instead of "Monk" and "Parrotlet" instead of "Parakeets".
    I love it when a small parakeet can talk. That's so special! Great your Frankie does talk a lot.
    Funny that Amber wants to be on her towel when she's off her cage.
    Great a room to theirselves for your budgies.

Rita

Parrots

Plax, I forgot to ask you. Do you really own a Hyacinth Macaw?
    Please tell me a bit more about yourself, your birds and other pets!

Rita

Parrots

Hello Blancaej,

Glad to read you enjoyed reading my introduction.
    Yes, my pets mean the world to me. I love them very much.
    You do have a nice flock, when I look at that great "avatar" (is it, or am I wrong) with the 5 birds Buttercup, Coqui, Savannah, Quincy and Blueberry.
    I've tried several hours to upload 14 photo's the whole afternoon, a.o. one of my parrot-buggy, but I still didn't manage to do so. I've asked Plax and Honesty for help now.
    The same with my profile-photo!

Rita

Parrots

Thanks for your "welcome"Spiritbird!

I'm trying to add 14 photo's in my first album, but............................ I can't figure out how to do it.
    What is the maximum size of photos the be used at this forum?
    I also have problems with my profile-photo allthough I downsized it to 98 x 100 pixels.

Spiritbird, tell me some more about yourself and your birds please. I see you have two budgies named Daisy & Chipper.

Rita

Hi Rita,

When you go into your album are you following all these steps?

Click on "upload", then "select file"... this will then take you to the pics on your computer..double click on the pic you would like to upload. Once you have done this, click on "upload file" and you will see your pic appear in the top right hand corner, scroll down slightly and select "done" and then "save changes" Your pic will then be in your Album?

Parrots

Hello Plax, Honesty and other members that are interested to see the first 14 photo's that I've uploaded to "Precisely Parrots".
    I finally managed to upload these 14 photos. I found out I forgot to click at "Save Changes", so I did that now. You can see my 14 photo's now.
    It's a pity I can't add more text to each of them to explain what was going on at some of these photo's.
    Enjoy my photos! I look forward to hear your responses!

Rita

9. The following user likes this post:

Honesty (01-06-2014)

Okay, I can see you have managed to upload your pics to your album and have now added your profile pic

You can add text to your pics by clicking on "edit pictures" on the top right hand side, you will then see a list of your pics and a box to add your text! Just remember to "save changes" when you have finished

You can also add your images in your album to your posts, if you would like to do this, all you need to do is click on one of your pictures so it is full size....copy it, and paste it straight into your post
    I hope this helps

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Rita: I'm happy that you've managed to get your pictures uploaded. I've just checked and I show that your profile photo has been successfully added as well. It's the one that you've referred to in your message.

Quote Originally Posted by Rita View Post
    My U2 Maxi alway flew to the couch when she saw that tomcat Thijs was laying there. She preened his coat for long periods of time and it was okay with Thijs. I still do have video's of that rare behaviour.
    That is so terribly dangerous! Many, many folks who have allowed such interactions to take place (for years in some cases) felt it was entirely safe, but ended up with dead birds. It's not something that anyone should allow. Even when the animals appear to get along well, it's not fair to impose the real risk of death or serious injury upon the birds! All it takes is one split-second incident and you have a dead parrot. There is no way to make it safe, even when you're very near the animals. A person cannot react quickly enough.

Just so you know, we cannot allow photos or videos depicting pet birds interatcing with cats and/or dogs here. We choose not to give anyone who may view such depictions the encouragement to try similar things with their own pets. It's simply too great of a risk upon the birds. Please review our announcement concerning this matter, here: http://www.preciselyparrots.com/show...4132#post34132

I hope that Trijntje's condition turns out to be nothing serious!

To answer your subsequent question, yes, I have a Hyacinth. His name is Zaffer and he's the love of my life! I'll tell you more about him later. You can do a search using "Zaf" as the key word and plenty about him should be returned.
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!