User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ~~My Christmas Gift To Me~~

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets

~~My Christmas Gift To Me~~

Well I went and did it!! Yep, I went and got another bird!! A mighty big bird at that!! I was in Abilene doing a little shopping Monday afternoon and of all things I should go to the local pet shop. This is the one that is privately owned, but does not breed their own birds and until this past year never offered anything larger than a Cockatiel. So I was going to inquire to when they might have more turquoise Quakers. They had some in the summer, but I wasn't sure if I really wanted to add one to my mix. They have some green ones, but I love the turquoise or some call them blues the best.

So of course they have this really cute little slip of a fiddie that I just had to hold and give a look see at. Jerry was in the car~~asleep and after a few minutes of holding the little squirt I told the young guy (Cody~~He has sold many a critter to me over the years) showing the bird to me I would go get my hubby. I did tell Cody it didn't matter if hubby liked the bird or not, it was not up to him if I add to MY flock!! So hubby looks at this little one, looks at me & says, "It's your deal if you want him or not." And Cody says that is exactly what she told me you would say! I love my hubby~~he knows never to tell me no about anything.

Well folks I unveil the newest member of my feathered flock~~Sierra Sunrise~~My White Capped Pionus!! I don't know if it is a girl or boy, they were not DNA sexed and I will get her (I think it looks girly) and Peta DNA sexed later as I really like to know for sure what they are. Don't want any identity crisis going on in the rainforest!

She is settling in well, 4 months old and wanted a little comfort food yesterday after being uprooted from her store home. She is super sweet, will give kisses already when she wants to. Very quiet, nothing like the rest of my rowdy bunch. Roscoe is a bit jealous, he was like that when I brought Ruby Jewel home. He gets over it really quick when he finds out he doesn't have to share sleeping quarters with the newbie. Not that they will be in the same cage, but Sierra will be Peta's friend that is closer to her size and they can fuss together about life & their mean Mom who doesn't let them do what they want.

Sierra Sunrise

Last edited by Turquoise; 12-25-2013 at 08:10 AM.
    ~~My Flock~~
    *In Loving Memory Of My Sweet Little Peta Girl~~R.I.P~~Love Mom*
    ~~Gotcha'~04/20/2012~~Flew Over The Rainbow Bridge~02/28/2014~~

2. The following 6 users like this post:

Blancaej (12-26-2013), Debra (12-25-2013), Honesty (12-25-2013), Mare (12-25-2013), spiritbird (12-25-2013), tonkatiel (12-26-2013)

Parrots

eclectus x 4, cockatiels x4, lories x2, budgies x26 and babies all year round of all my birds
    absolutely beautiful, welcome to your new home Sierra sunrise, im sure she will be lots of fun and full of mischief once she settles in with the rest of the bunch and how could hubby say no it's Christmas well done on your new addition

4. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (12-25-2013)

She's beautiful! I can't wait to watch her personality come out. Congratulations!

6. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (12-25-2013)

Oh wow! Sierra Sunrise is absolutely beautiful. What a lovely name!

Congrats De'Andrea

8. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (12-25-2013)

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets
    Thanks Steve, Debra & Wendy!

Sierra is so quiet. She has been wanting baby food for comfort. She was eating on her other foods this morning, but still not full meals. So while I was busy filling the big kids bowls with their breakfast she was making these noises. They are not really screams, more melodic in sound. Nothing at all like I am used to coming from a parrot! She was hungry again and was trying to tell me to hurry up with the gluttons and feed her. I read the Pionus are a very quiet species and I believe it after hearing her.

I chose her name cause she reminds me of pine & fir trees in color with a few clouds (her white cap) above. She has the red at the base of her tail so it looks like the sun rising through the trees. Kinda' silly way to name a bird I guess. She will get more colorful as she matures, but not sure how much blue or bronze she will get and the white cap is supposed to get larger. Will be interesting to see as I have never owned a pionus before. And yes, Debra I can't wait to see what her personality will be as well. The Blue Headed are quite beautiful, I may have to add one one day to my flock.

I was very surprised when I came to the pionus section that no one has put their birds on here. Maybe some of the members who own them will join in with me and we can compare the traits and photos.
    ~~My Flock~~

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    She is spectacular as is her name. I am very happy for you. Also, you trained your husband well! Looking forward to hearing more about her.

11. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (12-25-2013)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    Shes great !!! My favorite gift
    http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p779/Blancaej/Terrisignature2_zpsb1f5f78e.jpg

13. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (12-25-2013)

Parrots

Thanks Terri. I must keep nipping at your heels with my bird count!!
    ~~My Flock~~

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    Fantastic idea [game on ] Ill let Dave know! [he he]
    http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p779/Blancaej/Terrisignature2_zpsb1f5f78e.jpg

16. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (12-25-2013)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    I left a response here but it is not showing. Your new fid is totally awesome! Love her name and coloring. You also trained your spouse well! Congrats

18. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (12-25-2013)