User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ~~My Christmas Gift To Me~~

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets
    Quote Originally Posted by JudiNH View Post
    Oh gorgeous!!! Love her! Merry Christmas to YOU.
    Thank you so much Judi, she is a real cutie. And a late Merry Christmas to you! I will add Happy New Year as well!
    ~~My Flock~~
    *In Loving Memory Of My Sweet Little Peta Girl~~R.I.P~~Love Mom*
    ~~Gotcha'~04/20/2012~~Flew Over The Rainbow Bridge~02/28/2014~~

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets
    Quote Originally Posted by Blancaej View Post
    She is beautiful De'! Congratulations! I will have to add her to your signature!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks Blanca! And yes you will have to add Sierra to my siggie. Don't rush about it, she will be around I predict for a long time. LOL

I don't have any other photos of her than these right now. And when she gets her adult colors her pic will have to be changed again.
    ~~My Flock~~

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Mare View Post
    When I see a good one, Sierra sunrise that is, I'll capture a photo for you!
    I would love to see a photo of a beautiful Sierra Sunrise~~A real one that is!
    ~~My Flock~~

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkbirdy View Post
    How is your baby!!!!
    My baby is doing great Terri. She wants to be a real baby again, so I have been catering to her with a little comfort food in the mornings and evenings to give her assurance. She doesn't want to be held any yet, but I think she will come around when she settles in. She is already playing with her toys some, so she is feeling more secure everyday. Not so good at staying on the play perch and gets mad at me for catching her when I put her back on it. She can pinch pretty good and I look at her & say, "Really?!" "Have you seen the macaw beaks I deal with Little Lady?"
    ~~My Flock~~

5. The following 4 users like this post:

Debra (12-31-2013), Honesty (12-30-2013), Pinkbirdy (12-30-2013), plax (12-30-2013)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by kendrafitz View Post
    Sierra Sunrise is absolutely gorgeous!! What a great Christmas gift! Congrats De'Andrea!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks Kendra. Sierra is definitely different in a lot of ways to the much larger birds I am more used to. She is a very pretty and nice addition to my flock.
    ~~My Flock~~

7. The following user likes this post:

kendrafitz (12-30-2013)

Parrots

Rosie, our Greenwing Macaw (Hatchday 4/1/12)
    I have no real experience with birds except Rosie. So I'm very interested in how Sierra differs from the big macs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rosie & Kendra

9. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (12-31-2013)

Parrots

Peta my GCC is much more stubborn than the big kids. And Sierra is in a way too. Although with Sierra I can't be sure yet if it is more about her not being settled in or if it will be a trait. What I mean about being more stubborn is in trying to get them to stay put on a play perch. Peta has never wanted to stay where she is allowed to play. She will do everything in her power to go where she wants no matter how many times she is put back on her play area.

With all three of my macaws I don't have nearly the trouble with them getting off except on rare occasions. They were never that bad about not staying on their play areas outside of their homes even when they first came. They just seem to be easier to work with on some things.

I am just talking about my birds as I have no idea if other GCCs are like that since Peta is my only one I've ever owned. Leyla Belle, my ekkie girl is not so stubborn, but does occasionally decide to go roaming. Nothing like Peta, that little girl has a mind of her own. We shall see if Sierra is like that as she gets used to me & her new home.
    ~~My Flock~~