User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another rescue from petco

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    Its funny how life can be tough [and the birds are the easy thing] . Did you read on the other forum of Birdmanns might have to choose between his girlfriend or the birds . Hands down my birds my birds are not going anywhere!! I know Caiques are soooo expensive !!I wish you had the money [he would be a easy addition to your flock]
    http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p779/Blancaej/Terrisignature2_zpsb1f5f78e.jpg

Parrots

Lola (Cuban Amazon), Lucifer (Black Headed Caique), Crush (Sun Conure), Zoe (Black Headed Caique), Scarlet (Scarlet Macaw)
    I have two caiques. The only advice I have for you is to read all you can about them. Yes they are clowns. That is only a small part of their personalities. They also play very rough and can be bullies, even to much larger birds. I can't let mine out at the same time as my other birds, even my 'zon gets attacked. Just be careful.

Parrots

Yellow napped amazon Seminole, green wing macaw Monte, yellow budgie parakeet Avra , Sun conure Starburst... RIP Hendrick... Fly high pretty blue.. 5-5-14
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I have two caiques. The only advice I have for you is to read all you can about them. Yes they are clowns. That is only a small part of their personalities. They also play very rough and can be bullies, even to much larger birds. I can't let mine out at the same time as my other birds, even my 'zon gets attacked. Just be careful.
    I'm well aware, but thanx for the tip

Parrots

White bellied caique named Meiko :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkbirdy View Post
    Its funny how life can be tough [and the birds are the easy thing] . Did you read on the other forum of Birdmanns might have to choose between his girlfriend or the birds . Hands down my birds my birds are not going anywhere!! I know Caiques are soooo expensive !!I wish you had the money [he would be a easy addition to your flock]
    Lol the thing with birdmanns post is that he hasn't gotten a bird, so he had only heard of the joys through the forum, word of mouth, and little handling experience. I wouldn't give Meiko up for anybody but I wouldn't have gotten him if I were in a serious relationship with someone who didn't like or want birds. Now my fate is set lol Bird lovers only. Come and get it boys!!!! See them lining up? I don't. Lol

I talked to my dad but he says he can't afford to get him. :-( Have you gone to visit him again??

5. The following user likes this post:

ShellyBorg (02-10-2014)

Parrots

I have my almost 2 year old umbrella cockatoo, Mina.
    Brandon I totally get what your doing! I did that with my little U2 Mina. Knowing that she would languish in that **** hole ( sorry ). That the people that may finally buy her would not understand a Too. I was frantic. So I convinced my hubby to get her for me. As I was paying for her the man in the store says wow I guess I'll order another one!!! I wanted to tear my hair out. I checked back every couple weeks for some months. He didn't thank goodness. Also I know you want this little beauty for your family however I would ask to see if they would lower the price since she has been there so long. I am wishing you best of luck with your possible new addition. 😀

Parrots

1 female Double Yellowheaded Amazon named Beertje (almost 40!), 1 female Umbrella Cockatoo named Maxi (age: 4), 1 male Congo African Grey named Alex (age: 4), 1 male Jenday Conure named Jopie (age: 9), 1 female Pyrrhura Molinea (Greencheek Conure), Cinamon mutation named Kiwi (Age: 6), 2 male Pacific Parrotlets, blu mutation (brothers
    I can imagine you feel sorry for this poor little lonely Caique in the petshop.
    $ 1500,00 is very expensive. Crazy, a price like this.
    Well I'm curious if you are really going to buy her to give her a better life.
    Keep us informed Brandon!

Greetings from the Netherlands,
    Rita

Parrots

1 female Double Yellowheaded Amazon named Beertje (almost 40!), 1 female Umbrella Cockatoo named Maxi (age: 4), 1 male Congo African Grey named Alex (age: 4), 1 male Jenday Conure named Jopie (age: 9), 1 female Pyrrhura Molinea (Greencheek Conure), Cinamon mutation named Kiwi (Age: 6), 2 male Pacific Parrotlets, blu mutation (brothers
    Hello Kim,

I just wanted to let you know you have a fantastic signature of your wonderful U2 Mina.
    I look forward to hear ans see more about your Mina! My 4 year old female U2 is named Maxi.

Greetings from the Netherlands,
    Rita

9. The following user likes this post:

Minamommy (01-23-2014)

Parrots

Yellow napped amazon Seminole, green wing macaw Monte, yellow budgie parakeet Avra , Sun conure Starburst... RIP Hendrick... Fly high pretty blue.. 5-5-14
    I stop by and see the bird regularly..I had my truck hit in Houston during the ice storm..and of course they took off..insurance covered some...but in had to drop a lot of cash on a new truck..

The bird is actually half of the 1500 cause she's been there so long..

It looks like I can't get her..at least for now..it breaks my heart..

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets
    Is there any bird clubs or rescues who would be interested in getting the Caique? Just a thought that maybe someone in the bird circles around could help out. As big as Houston is there should be someone able to give it a home. Wished I could help, but not a good time of the year for me to be adding to my flock or taking that long of a road trip. I know someone in the Brownsville area who has gone to Houston to get birds for rehoming in the past year. She usually gets them as rescues from individuals and finds new homes for them. I don't think she would go to a pet store to get one tho.

Me personally, I hate Houston as far as the traffic. It certainly hasn't change from the first time I was ever there way back in 1969, except tons more traffic! I much prefer the slowed down version of my area of this state. Abilene with around 100,000 population is plenty big enough for me and I don't even live there. Just go shopping there.
    ~~My Flock~~
    *In Loving Memory Of My Sweet Little Peta Girl~~R.I.P~~Love Mom*
    ~~Gotcha'~04/20/2012~~Flew Over The Rainbow Bridge~02/28/2014~~

Parrots

I have my almost 2 year old umbrella cockatoo, Mina.
    I walked into our petsmart to get a bag of krinkel paper to put in Mina's forage box and there was an adorable baby conure!! I stood glued to the glass for 1/2 hour ok so what I kicked this little kid that was trying to horn in on my action. He isn't getting the bird!! Jkjk I didn't kick him. It was everything I could do not to whip out that credit card and bring that baby home.