User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eucalyptus leaves/branches!!

Eucalyptus leaves/branches!!

I've always heard that eucalyptus leaves and branches are good for our parrots. I've always wanted to try some with my birds -- especially Lucy. I've just never thought I'd get the chance to because there are no eucalyptus trees near where I live. But, I found a place online to order some! I've just got to talk Jerry into letting me order some. He thinks BUYING leaves and branches for the birds is crazy because we have all kinds of trees around where we live. lol They even ship internationally!

Anyway, if you are interested, here is the link:

http://eucproducts.com/

2. The following user likes this post:

spiritbird (12-02-2013)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Debra, I'd be happy to send you some branches and leaves of eucalyptus, from our yard. I didn't know these trees were good for them! I've seen Amigo hanging out in them, chomping away, but now I'll bring some in for their cages . Let me know if I can send you some!

Oh, Mare! That would be great! I'm so curious to see if my fids will like them. Plus I love the smell of eucalyptus. Let me know how much shipping is and I'll send you some money for them! Thank you so much!

5. The following user likes this post:

Mare (12-04-2013)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Ok! I'm guessing, I can find your address in the Christmas card list? I'll try and get it sent within the week

Yes my address is on the Christmas card list. Thank you so much!

8. The following user likes this post:

Mare (12-04-2013)

Nobility Member

Parrots

You are, so very, welcome! I learned that eucalyptus was imported, to grow originally, for railroad ties. The trees were planted here, in California, to make ties to plant railroad destinations. Unbeknownst to the planters,,eucalyptus trees twist when they grow and DON'T make a good railroad tie! Oh well, now we have a good use for them!!

Nobility Member

Parrots

Hey, Debra! Some eucalyptus cuttings are in the mail, starting today. I don't know if my smeller is off or the weather is too cold but I can hardly get a eucalyptus perfume come from these leaves! My birds love them, though, I hope yours do too!

11. The following user likes this post:

spiritbird (12-13-2013)

Thank you so much Mare! I look forward to getting them.

13. The following user likes this post:

Mare (12-13-2013)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Oh my, Debra, I was just now researching eucalyptus and what I am sending you is called 'silver dollar' eucalyptus. The leaves are round, not long and narrow like in the site you were posting. My cockatoos have been enjoying them, for a few days without ill effects but I just want to give you heads up, these are not what is on the site you posted! Ok, from what I've read, eucalyptus can be poison to some species. So far..the cockatoos live and have had no ill side effects..I think they'll be ok but, DANG!

Parrots

eclectus x 4, cockatiels x4, lories x2, budgies x26 and babies all year round of all my birds
    your too's will not get sick from them Mare, i like the fact i just have to walk outside to get them, and have a few kinds here. most my toys i made are eucalyptus branches and the birds love stripping them

16. The following user likes this post:

Mare (12-13-2013)