User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pico~Green Aracari-pics and videos

Parrots

Red Fronted Macaw~Holly, Hawk-Headed Parrots~ Cochise & Yuna, Black Capped Conure~Elfe, Softbills- Green Aracari~Pico, American Singer Canary~Kismet, Blue Naped Mousebird~Gryphon

Pico~Green Aracari-pics and videos

Pico is my last softbill to post about. He belonged to a family in ND. Sadly, their baby son had a violent allergic reaction and wound up in the hospital. The drs. said no pets, and no carpet! So his former mom needed to find him a home quick, before her son was released from the hospital. So she shipped him down to me last year. He is a wonderful bird who loves me. He just cannot be out with other birds. In the wild a small bird could potentially be lunch. Like Gryphon, he is subject to hemachromatosis, so he has a specialized diet of mostly fruits and low iron pellets. I have had him in four different cages, finally being able to get a slightly used SS custom Expandable habitats cage, which he really likes.
    on the way home from the airport{he was a hit in the airport...everyone wanted to see the toucan!}

first few pics

helping me make breakfast

I bought this laminated poster to keep fruit bits off the wall..lol

typical breakfast food

one of the cages he had{this is now Elfe's cage}

his cool red eyes

to be continued..

2. The following 2 users like this post:

aliray (04-18-2013), roxynoodle (04-18-2013)

Pico is adorable Carole

4. The following user likes this post:

keepsmiling (04-18-2013)

Parrots

Red Fronted Macaw~Holly, Hawk-Headed Parrots~ Cochise & Yuna, Black Capped Conure~Elfe, Softbills- Green Aracari~Pico, American Singer Canary~Kismet, Blue Naped Mousebird~Gryphon
    he loves to get huffy about the toukies on the screen{that is himself..lol]

another cage he had{I just wasn't happy with any of these}

this was a fun thing we did on another forum. It is like a pic of a pic of a pic...so that the birds keep going on like a mirror sort of

recent pics

continued

6. The following 3 users like this post:

aliray (04-18-2013), Pinkbirdy (04-27-2013), roxynoodle (04-18-2013)

Parrots

Nanday Conure (Rowdy), YCA (Pete) and CAG (Miss Merlin)
    I Pico! You need to post the ones of him going down your shirt :th_laughing6:

8. The following user likes this post:

keepsmiling (04-18-2013)

Parrots

Finally, I found a cage I love, and he loves too!
    daddy assembling

Heartly supervising

set up time

pico approved

10. The following 2 users like this post:

aliray (04-18-2013), roxynoodle (04-18-2013)

Parrots

LOL..as Audrey said, one of his all time favorite new things to do is get in my shirt!

next I have a couple videos

12. The following user likes this post:

roxynoodle (04-18-2013)

Parrots

he loves to mess around on my desk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8IT1LXPKOc
    high prey drive...lol
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uovlyLA_U9o

Parrots

Tiki,african redbellied, Sweetie Pie quaker, Chiquita, yellow sided gcc, Lucas, spanish timbrado canary
    Oh Carole he is gorgeous. I love that backdrop and also the monkey in his cage. He should feel right at home. How do the other birds like him? and by the way Heartly is a beautiful dog

15. The following user likes this post:

keepsmiling (04-18-2013)

Parrots

Thanks Alison, and thanks Audrey and Wendy!He is in my office, with only Elfe and Yuna. They are all ok living in the same room. I just do not allow the parrots or other birds out with him. He would go after them. He learns well though, and he knows I do not allow him to harass them in any way, so they are cool together. I keep covers on the very top of Elfe and Yuna's cage, and his cage has a plexi top.

17. The following user likes this post:

aliray (04-18-2013)

Parrots

Nanday Conure (Rowdy), YCA (Pete) and CAG (Miss Merlin)
    Cute videos!

19. The following user likes this post:

keepsmiling (04-18-2013)