User Tag List

Thread: It's gonna eat me!!

It's gonna eat me!!

My toy order came in from Drs Foster and Smith. I got Frankie, Amber, and Lucy each a toy and then some little sneakers. I haven't tried Lucy's toys or sneakers with her yet, I'm waiting for my hubby to get home to do that. But, I put Frankie's and Amber's in their cages. OMG! They were so mad! They acted like I was going to pour acid on them or something. Frankie got as far away from his sneaker as he could get and when I moved it closer to him, he acted like he was scared to death of it. I put Little Amber's sneaker by her and she attacked it like it was going to eat her. She finally ran into her sleepy hut to get away from it. I'm guessing sneaker's aren't their thing. I'll give them a chance to realize that the sneakers wouldn't eat them and hopefully they will realize that they are fun toys to tear apart.

What is it with quakers and new toys?

2. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (12-01-2013)

LOL Deb. If you leave them there long enough, they just may not be able to resist trying them out

Parrots

Green Quaker- Cooper
    haha. cooper was like that, but now he is usually good. he kinda avoids new things for a little while but isnt like TERRIFIED of them.

Parrots

Winkie, Tiki, Patches and Angel my Green Cheeks: Whitecapped Pionus; Cotton: Quaker Parrot; Dusty: Cockatiel; Bandit: Sun Conures; Petrie and Pebbles
    Yep, my quaker Dusty does the same thing. If I leave it in his cage he will eventually begin to play with it or tear it apart. I put a coconut shell in his cage once and I thought Dusty was going to have a heart attack, now it is his favorite perch. I normally put new toys as far away from their favorite perch as possible and gradually move it closer to his perches. Works for us.

6. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (12-01-2013)

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    Has your quakers begun to play with the new toys yet?

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

I saw Amber tugging on hers but Frankie still stays away from his. Although, I was playing with him by touching his toys and getting his bells (he hates that and will take the toy away from me) and when I went to his new toy he did grab it without thinking. That's progress. lol

9. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (12-01-2013)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Ya just have to be in a shoe mood!

Parrots

I have my almost 2 year old umbrella cockatoo, Mina.
    Haha sounds like Mina. All new toys must pass the mommy test which is mommy has to be seen playing with it and maybe even keeping it from said bird. Then it suddenly becomes her property. Hilarious.

12. The following 2 users like this post:

kendrafitz (12-02-2013), Turquoise (12-01-2013)

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets
    That would have been a funny video Debra! LOL It is funny how some toys are viewed as 'monsters' until you want to play with it.

I don't have any Quakers, but Roscoe my Catalina boy is deathly afraid of any stuffed toy no matter how small it is. I think he perceives it to be a real critter invading his home. He really isn't afraid of any other toys so far but the stuffed ones.
    ~~My Flock~~
    *In Loving Memory Of My Sweet Little Peta Girl~~R.I.P~~Love Mom*
    ~~Gotcha'~04/20/2012~~Flew Over The Rainbow Bridge~02/28/2014~~