User Tag List

Thread: Taming Chickens?:)

Parrots

Keiko - yellow crowned amazon parrot

Taming Chickens?:)

Okay so we have 10 chickens and 1 Rooster.
    One of my favourite hens blondie is pretty friendly. I've been slowly seeing progress in taming her!! I knew you could get tame chickens, but only if you raise them from a chick. Today she was eating from my hand, I even got to touch her head when she was taking some food! I'm so happy as I thought I would never have a tame chicken (because I'm not aloud a chick). And only in about 4 weeks.

I'll post some pictures of some of our hens, and the rooster of course on this page maybe tomorrow.

2. The following user likes this post:

Debra (11-04-2013)

Parrots

Umbrella cockatoo,Goffins Cockatoo, 2 red lored amazons, blue fronted amazon, 3 black capped conures, 4 green cheek conures, 16+/- american and english budgies and babies (linneolated parakeets, parrotlets, crimson bellied conures, budgies, green cheek conures at any given time)
    I have a lot of farm rescue groups liked on facebook and they rescue battery hens that were pretty much tortured their entire lives and they not only end up tame but many of them learn some cool tricks
    Feel Free to Friend me on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/feathersfirstaviary

That's great Blake! I look forward to your pics.