User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baby Parrotlets *pics*

Parrots

Umbrella cockatoo,Goffins Cockatoo, 2 red lored amazons, blue fronted amazon, 3 black capped conures, 4 green cheek conures, 16+/- american and english budgies and babies (linneolated parakeets, parrotlets, crimson bellied conures, budgies, green cheek conures at any given time)

Baby Parrotlets *pics*

I'm raising 5 pacific parrotlets right now and took new pictures yesterday, I just picked out some of my favorites to share, this forum seems like it could be livened up a bit

Here's a little turquoise boy, he absolutely loves to have his head and his cheeks rubbed, as soon as you touch his facial feathers they all stand on end and he just gets this blissful look as he tilts his head for maximum scritch potential(he's a scientific one, this one is )

This is the other turq boy, he is a bit younger but every bit as active as his older brother, maybe more so. He has a bottomless pit of a crop(or so it seems) and seems to think that hand feedings should be a constant activity! He is quite the begger but really sweet.

Feed me Now!!!!

I love the colors on the male turquoise'

One more, this is a little green boy, he's a bit of a little bulldozer, he'd rather stretch out on my hand than perch on my finger
    Feel Free to Friend me on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/feathersfirstaviary

2. The following 5 users like this post:

Abby (10-26-2014), Debra (10-29-2013), Lady (10-25-2014), Mare (02-15-2014), wingman (04-15-2015)

Parrots

Norbert~Thomas (english budgie)....Melon (lovebird)....Molly (pacific parrotlet)....Junior (American budgie)....Minty (green rumped parrotlet)
    Oh my! They are TOO cute!

4. The following user likes this post:

Feathers First Aviary (10-29-2013)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    Melt! Too cute for sure. Are they fragile at that age?

6. The following user likes this post:

They are just too cute

8. The following user likes this post:

Parrots

Umbrella cockatoo,Goffins Cockatoo, 2 red lored amazons, blue fronted amazon, 3 black capped conures, 4 green cheek conures, 16+/- american and english budgies and babies (linneolated parakeets, parrotlets, crimson bellied conures, budgies, green cheek conures at any given time)
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritbird View Post
    Melt! Too cute for sure. Are they fragile at that age?
    I kind of consider all birds to be pretty fragile, I guess it depends on how you look at it. At this age the younger ones don't have the best balance or grip so you have to keep them sort of cupped in your hands. The older three are perching pretty well and even started flying. The one nice thing is that birds or sort of designed to be able to handle falls. Most babies aren't the best flyers at the start and its inevitable that they will take a few spills, fortunately I've never had one actally get injured

They are just too adorable!!

11. The following user likes this post:

Parrots

Hoosier- Red Lored Amazon - Kazoo - Mealy Amazon - JP- Pacific Parrotlet
    I love those little boogers they are just so cute. How long have you been breeding Parrotlets? I have an old Man Parrotlet, just turned 14 in June. He is a spitfire, love the little guy to pieces.

13. The following user likes this post:

Feathers First Aviary (10-31-2013)

Parrots

I actually just started breeding on my own two years ago and I don't breed parrotlets any more. I partnered up with an amazing breeder who has been breeding for 14 years, she breeds crimson bellied conures, linnies, green rumps, pacifics and spectacleds. She has been unable to handfeed for the past two and a half years due to an injury(surprisingly not bird related!) And I have been hand feeding and raising a lot of her babies. Since she has all of these perfect pairs(genetically speaking) it only made sense for me to stop breeding parrotlets since I get plenty of babies from her, that way I had more room to dedicate to my budgies and conures

14 years old? That's awesome! Have you had him since he was a baby?

Parrots

Hoosier- Red Lored Amazon - Kazoo - Mealy Amazon - JP- Pacific Parrotlet
    Quote Originally Posted by Feathers First Aviary View Post
    I actually just started breeding on my own two years ago and I don't breed parrotlets any more. I partnered up with an amazing breeder who has been breeding for 14 years, she breeds crimson bellied conures, linnies, green rumps, pacifics and spectacleds. She has been unable to handfeed for the past two and a half years due to an injury(surprisingly not bird related!) And I have been hand feeding and raising a lot of her babies. Since she has all of these perfect pairs(genetically speaking) it only made sense for me to stop breeding parrotlets since I get plenty of babies from her, that way I had more room to dedicate to my budgies and conures

14 years old? That's awesome! Have you had him since he was a baby?
    That is really cool that you are helping her out with feeding them. Yes, I got him as a baby in August 1999 he was just a little freshly weaned baby when we got him he hatched June 30th 1999.

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Love my Zons View Post
    That is really cool that you are helping her out with feeding them. Yes, I got him as a baby in August 1999 he was just a little freshly weaned baby when we got him he hatched June 30th 1999.
    That is just awesome! I bet you guys have a really special bond after all that time. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of diet have you had him on? I've always been curious about the true lifespan of parrotlets, birds that are kept as well cared for pets. Many people say 10-15 years, others say 15-20 and then there are those people that swear p'lets won't live that long. I haven't been involved with them for long enough to have made my own conclusions on what their true lifespan potential may be. I bet JP will be one to prove them all wrong!