User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Had A Very Emotional Day Yesterday

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    Tell me about it Tony! Lol. I can laugh about it now. It just felt like the right thing to do. It was heart wrenching and one of the hardest calls I've ever made. I'm just thankful it ended in my favor.

So Coqui stays in my siggy!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

2. The following user likes this post:

plax (10-27-2013)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    I'm happy it worked out for you, Blanca . I don't know that feeling about a bird, maybe not making it to me, but I can relate. When I brought Sassy home, a rehome, her owner was in tears when I took her away, I felt so bad. She called me a week later wondering how it was going and things were well. We couldn't believe how well she adjusted. She started to cry, again. I felt like I had taken a bird against it's soul mates will! I asked if she was having second thoughts about letting Sassy go and, if so, I would be happy to return her, if this is what she wanted. I know she loved Sassy, I think it was her hubby who didn't

4. The following user likes this post:

Blancaej (10-27-2013)

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    My situation with Savannah was similar to Sassys Mare. Her previous owner cried when I picked her up. I knew she loved her, but she wanted what was best for her. She came to see her at my store in August and I could see it was hard for her. Savannah was stand offish with her and I knew that had to be difficult and must have hurt.

The thing about Luis is he doesn't have a close relationship with Coqui. Linda is the one bonded to her and has been her primary caretaker. Its gotten a little better over the last few months but he still does not have a full relationship with her. They have said themselves they are not bird people and they feel she Will thrive better with someone who loves birds and has more experience. In either case, I know Tuesday will be difficult for both of them.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Blancaej; 10-27-2013 at 03:34 AM.

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

6. The following 2 users like this post:

Honesty (10-27-2013), Mare (10-27-2013)

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets
    Glad you will still get your B&G girl, Blanca. She will have a wonderful life with you and she is going to love traveling to your store.

It seems a lot of us have had similar reactions from previous owners. Mine tho was Ruby Jewel's breeder. She cried a few days before she got her ready for her flight to me & she was crying when she called me to say she had boarded the plane. Every time I spoke with her or she wrote about her she was crying & was so distraught at letting her go. I know it was because of Ruby Jewel's ordeal with her wing being ripped off at a a day old and Kitty felt so close to her. I almost told Kitty if she were having second thoughts and felt it was better for Ruby Jewel, then she could keep her. But unlike you, I was too selfish and wanted RJ for myself & couldn't let the words flow from my mouth or computer.

Kitty still comments on FB when I put photos up of Ruby Jewel how she still cries about her being gone, but that she is happy she is in a loving home and being taken care of. I personally think if I had found RJ a few weeks later for sale, once she had begun to show her personality, Kitty would have refused to part with her. She held her til she went to sleep each night and let her do anything she wanted while rearing her. I still feel compelled to ask if she wants her back at times when I know Kitty is still hurting inside from letting Ruby Jewel go. But, I am still too selfish to do that.
    ~~My Flock~~
    *In Loving Memory Of My Sweet Little Peta Girl~~R.I.P~~Love Mom*
    ~~Gotcha'~04/20/2012~~Flew Over The Rainbow Bridge~02/28/2014~~

8. The following 4 users like this post:

Blancaej (10-27-2013), Debra (10-27-2013), Honesty (10-27-2013), plax (10-27-2013)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    Blanca ,I think you were right also in offering what you did [right on your part].Wrong [on them] for dragging you through this . Your going to be busy
    http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p779/Blancaej/Terrisignature2_zpsb1f5f78e.jpg

10. The following user likes this post:

Blancaej (10-28-2013)

Parrots

Thanks De'Andrea. I know we are going to have a good time with her. And I wouldn't feel bad about Ruby Jewel. You did buy her from a breeder and selling birds is what they do. Sometimes I am sure they get more attached to some then others, but it comes with the territory. I know that once I take Coqui home Tuesday, there will be no offers for them to take her back ANY time in the future!

Thanks Terri - I do feel like I did the right thing and I also agree that it was really not necessary for them to drag me through this. But it has all worked out and I am getting Coqui! So I cant really complain at this point!

Today I got Coqui's spot all cleared out so we are ready for her cage and I made her & my other fids some toys, too! In less then 36 hours I will be on my way to go get her. It is a 6 hour round trip!

12. The following 2 users like this post:

Macawfancy (10-28-2013), Turquoise (10-28-2013)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    I want to see the toys you made [your so creative]
    http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p779/Blancaej/Terrisignature2_zpsb1f5f78e.jpg

14. The following user likes this post:

Blancaej (10-28-2013)

Parrots

I'm always working on new things and I didn't want you guys to get sick of seeing my creations. LOL! I will take some photos tonight for ya! I'm glad you enjoy seeing the new stuff I make. Marcus made Coqui a toy. He is very proud of it. I will share that one, too!