User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Had A Very Emotional Day Yesterday

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.

Had A Very Emotional Day Yesterday

So as most of you know I pick up Coqui on Tuesday. I've been waiting for this day since July 4th! The owners Linda & Luis were very happy that I decided to adopt Coqui, they really wanted me to be the one to give her a forever home.

Well the last couple of months, it has been real obvious to me that Luis was having a really hard time dealing with the thought of Coqui leaving. She was his mother's bird. I finally got a date from them but I was hearing constantly from Linda how Luis was having a hard time and that this transition was going to be hard for him. In the last month, he didn't even want to talk about the pick up and Linda avoids bringing it up.

Well I was starting to feel really uncomfortable with the situation. The last thing I want to do is pick her up and feel guilty and this adoption just wasn't feeling right because of all the feedback I was getting from Linda. So I did something very difficult yesterday. I opened a door for them to change there mind. Basically I left a message telling them that they know how much I want to adopt Coqui, but I also want to do what was right. I needed to know if this is really what they want. I know I had a huge risk of losing Coqui, but I didn't feel right about adopting her unless I knew for sure this is what they truly wanted to do.

I called at 8am and finally texted her at around 10:45 to see if they had gotten my message. She texted me back telling me they were discussing my voice mail at that moment and would call me in the afternoon. In the afternoon!! I couldn't wait that long for their decision. My heart was breaking as I knew I could possibly lose Coqui. I was in tears. I texted her back telling her the sooner the better as I needed to know how they were feeling and what the plan was.

Well it was good news. I got a text at 11:45 saying "Plans are not changing". Thank god!! I hadn't lost her. But that was a nerve racking morning. I still feel good about making that call because I felt it had to be done. I know now that Luis finally talked to Linda about it and they know deep down inside that this is the best thing for Coqui. The last thing I wanted to do was pick her up and not feel right about it or feel guilty. Now I know they are good with it and I can move forward with my planning. Phew!

I think I have just realized how much I have already grown to love little Coqui, even though she is not home yet.

Sorry for the long post. I wanted to share this with everyone here because I knew you all would understand.
    Last edited by Blancaej; 10-26-2013 at 03:23 PM.

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

2. The following 3 users like this post:

Cami (10-27-2013), Mare (10-27-2013), plax (10-26-2013)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    I bet you gave a big sigh of relief. He is meant for you and family. I am sure the bird may go through some separation anxiety also.

4. The following user likes this post:

Blancaej (10-26-2013)

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    Thanks Dianne! I know there will be a transition period Coqui will go through. But I am just glad this still worked out. I thought for sure they were going to change there minds yesterday! I have since emailed Linda and she sent back a really nice response. They really appreciated my concern and consideration of everyone's feelings in this situation. Now I am over the moon! I know all is good and I can feel good about this adoption!

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

6. The following user likes this post:

plax (10-27-2013)

I am glad it has all worked out well for you Blanca. I bet you were on tender hooks yesterday! It was nice of you to give her this final option.

Sent from my GT-S6500 using Tapatalk 2

8. The following user likes this post:

Blancaej (10-26-2013)

Parrots

Thanks Wendy! I think it was the right thing to do. Nerve racking, but the right thing. LOL!

I have to say that my excitement was effected because of all the things I was hearing about Luis. Now I am VERY excited and I no longer feel guilty about bringing her home. So it has definitely given me piece of mind that this truly is the right thing for Coqui and what her current owners want!

10. The following user likes this post:

Honesty (10-26-2013)

Oh, I can't imagine what you were going through waiting for their reply. It was a good thing to do, though. You're tougher than I am. I'm not sure I could have taken that chance.

12. The following user likes this post:

Blancaej (10-26-2013)

Parrots

Thanks Debra. Doing what you feel is right, isn't always easy. I am just thankful it worked out in the end.

Parrots

eclectus x 4, cockatiels x4, lories x2, budgies x26 and babies all year round of all my birds
    so happy for you that all worked out , now you can be excited about picking her up on Tuesday.

15. The following user likes this post:

Blancaej (10-26-2013)

Parrots

Thanks Steve.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Wow! What a risky decision! I'm truly thrilled for you, Blanca . Now you can keep all of your Coqui signatures... and even legitimately create more of them
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!