User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gryphon-Blue Naped Mousebird

Parrots

Red Fronted Macaw~Holly, Hawk-Headed Parrots~ Cochise & Yuna, Black Capped Conure~Elfe, Softbills- Green Aracari~Pico, American Singer Canary~Kismet, Blue Naped Mousebird~Gryphon
    Thanks so much! Yes, he was hand raised in California.

Parrots

TAG: Spirit, Senegal: Damon, Blue & Gold: Paris, Parrotlet: Opal, CAG :Boomer, Quaker: Widget and at a foster parents RLA: Danny. :D
    Mouse birds are the only bird I have every really thought about breeding. They are so cool.

3. The following user likes this post:

keepsmiling (04-21-2013)

Parrots

Red Fronted Macaw~Holly, Hawk-Headed Parrots~ Cochise & Yuna, Black Capped Conure~Elfe, Softbills- Green Aracari~Pico, American Singer Canary~Kismet, Blue Naped Mousebird~Gryphon
    Hi Shelly. I got Gryphon from a woman in Ft. Lauderdale who became a friend.I at one time thought of it also. He did not want anything to do with any other mousebird. I tried, but the female was very aggressive...he ended up hating her, so I gave her back to my friend...no charge. She was paired with a gorgeous male, but they have never successfully had babies. One of them is smashing the eggs. Most of the other birds have been sold off now, or are too old to breed. I think she only has one whiteback left, the pair of blue napes, and I am not sure how many others. She used to have speckleds, redface, the whitebacks, and blue napes. Sea world traded some of their speckleds, for some of her blue napes trying to get theirs to breed. They have never had success either. Hers was on and off, but for awhile she was doing fairly well. I think her interest has now shifted back to cockatiels, her first love. She is an amazing woman who documents everything though. She even started a website about mousebirds. So I see those hurdles as making it difficult to raise them. That and the fact if the parents won't feed, all babies die if they are under three days. So finding birds at a good age, who will pair, have success, and are not related....big challenge.

5. The following user likes this post:

aliray (04-21-2013)

Parrots

Keiko - yellow crowned amazon parrot
    hi, he/she is an amazing bird. Never heard of one befor. I am lookign forward to seeing and finding out more

7. The following 2 users like this post:

aliray (04-21-2013), keepsmiling (04-21-2013)

Parrots

Thank you Blake. Gryphon is all male. He gives me kisses.
    here are more pics
    his cage

kind of a washed out pic but you can see there are many colors on him

9. The following 4 users like this post:

aliray (04-21-2013), Lady (05-13-2015), roxynoodle (04-21-2013), Wendy K. (04-21-2013)

Parrots

cute pic of one of my friend's babies

11. The following 3 users like this post:

aliray (04-21-2013), Kalidasa (05-09-2013), roxynoodle (04-21-2013)

Parrots

I love this pic

13. The following 4 users like this post:

aliray (04-21-2013), Lady (05-13-2015), roxynoodle (04-21-2013), Wendy K. (04-21-2013)

Parrots

Keiko - yellow crowned amazon parrot
    Wow, thanks for showing all of those extra photos. They are AMAZING

15. The following 3 users like this post:

aliray (04-21-2013), Kalidasa (05-09-2013), keepsmiling (04-21-2013)

Parrots

Thank you Blake!

Banned

What a beautiful bird, never heard of them before and I live in South Africa

18. The following user likes this post:

keepsmiling (04-21-2013)