User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 10 Days & Counting & Coqui Comes Home!

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkbirdy View Post
    She looks like such a pretty bird !!! [Weird vet] . Makes me wonder how many birds hes seen .If he thinks shes psychotic he obviously hasn't met any true ones like my Pearl Such a long wait its been for you.
    Weird vet is right! Lol! Yes, its been a very long wait. But the end is near and I am super excited!!

Quote Originally Posted by Debra View Post
    That is adorable! I love that little psychotic being.
    Hehe!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

2. The following user likes this post:

Pinkbirdy (10-19-2013)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Excited for you! Can't wait to hear how she does! When I went looking for an avian vet for Amigo, I looked for women vets because I know how he is with men. I got lucky, she is not only an amazing vet but Amigo charms the pants off of the all women staff when he is there I'm just thinking maybe Coqui didn't like the vet and therefore a negative report?

4. The following user likes this post:

Blancaej (10-20-2013)

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    That was my feeling too Mare. I guess Coqui bit the vet during the visit. I think he was pissed off, wrote that in the report to remind himself she was "tempermental". Never thinking the client would read it! They are about 2 hours away. I don't plan on using them again. They were the closest avian vet to Linda & Luis. I'm going to start looking for a vet in NY state and see if there is one close enough in case of emergency.

9 days & counting!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

6. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (10-22-2013)

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets
    Well let's just hope these...I guess 7 days now will go by Lickety Split!!

I so know the anxiety of waiting for the big day to come and getting more excited & stressed all at the same time as it gets nearer & nearer.

Here's a Big Hug from me & my flock to help you with your waiting.
    ~~My Flock~~
    *In Loving Memory Of My Sweet Little Peta Girl~~R.I.P~~Love Mom*
    ~~Gotcha'~04/20/2012~~Flew Over The Rainbow Bridge~02/28/2014~~

8. The following user likes this post:

Blancaej (10-22-2013)

Parrots

TAG: Spirit, Senegal: Damon, Blue & Gold: Paris, Parrotlet: Opal, CAG :Boomer, Quaker: Widget and at a foster parents RLA: Danny. :D
    * watching the calendar and tapping toes*
    “She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot.” ― Mark Twain

10. The following user likes this post:

Blancaej (10-22-2013)

Parrots

Quote Originally Posted by Turquoise View Post
    Well let's just hope these...I guess 7 days now will go by Lickety Split!!

I so know the anxiety of waiting for the big day to come and getting more excited & stressed all at the same time as it gets nearer & nearer.

Here's a Big Hug from me & my flock to help you with your waiting.
    Awww...thanks De'Andrea! That really is appreciated. Hugs are always good! Can't believe I have one week left!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShellyBorg View Post
    * watching the calendar and tapping toes*
    LOL! It's nice to know others are sharing in my anticipation!

One Week To Go!!

Parrots

Umbrella cockatoo,Goffins Cockatoo, 2 red lored amazons, blue fronted amazon, 3 black capped conures, 4 green cheek conures, 16+/- american and english budgies and babies (linneolated parakeets, parrotlets, crimson bellied conures, budgies, green cheek conures at any given time)
    You must be sooo excited! Not long at all to wait now!

13. The following user likes this post:

Blancaej (10-23-2013)

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Really cool that you're gonna get her so soon, Blanca . As for the vet...

Quote Originally Posted by Blancaej View Post
    One of the things I forgot to tell you guys is when I got the report back from the vet they took her to, this is what the vet put in the report:

OBJECTIVE SECTION

ABNORMALITIES
    General
    a bit psychotic, Pinning, lunging, very alert....

Isn't that the reaction of any macaw when they are being poked and prodded by a total stranger! LOL! I thought that was a bit much!
    One problem I've encountered is that too many so-called 'avian vets' (in my area at least) seem excessively arrogant/egotistical, and with questionable to nonexistent bird handling and behavior assessment skills. They seem unable (or unwilling) to consider what our poor birds are experiencing when being examined/treated . I've said it before, any veterinarian can join AAV and call themselves an "avian vet"...so we best beware!
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

Parrots

Thanks Tony! The unfortunate thing about this guy, is I believe he is a certified avian vet. Not just on the AAV. He is on the ABVP site. I looked it up today as I was searching for vets to use in case of emergency that I could find even if I had to travel an hour or so away. It's funny that you just happen to bring that up. LOL!

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Quote Originally Posted by Blancaej View Post
    Thanks Tony! The unfortunate thing about this guy, is I believe he is a certified avian vet. Not just on the AAV. He is on the ABVP site. I looked it up today as I was searching for vets to use in case of emergency that I could find even if I had to travel an hour or so away. It's funny that you just happen to bring that up. LOL!
    Wow! He's ABVP-avian certified? He should know his stuff then. To me it's a no-brainer that lots of birds, while being examined/treated at a clinic, have no way to know they're not there to be tortured, or even killed. And that's got to be pretty terrifying, especially for the more sensitive ones! As such, I'm unsure what to think about what the vet wrote in his notes concerning Coqui's behavior during the session
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

17. The following user likes this post:

Blancaej (10-25-2013)