User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Presenting Léa

Parrots

Piper ~ Peachface Lovebird; Shade ~ Senegal Parrot; Joey & Pixel ~ Red-bellied Parrots; Petey & Zuri ~ Meyer's Parrot; Léa ~ Cape Parrot

Presenting Léa

I guess I might as well start with a formal introduction of each of my flock members. Ironically, I'm starting here with the latest addition to my flock (although she's been here for nearly two years!).

Léa is a "Cape parrot" - I put it in quotation marks because she's not the actual nominate Cape parrot, but actually a Grey headed parrot. But as very few people say Grey headed parrot and that the term "UnCape" really didn't take off and that most people just generally refer to Grey headed or Brown necked parrots as Cape parrots, let's just keep it simple

She'll be two years old in less than a month, but has started her "terrible two" phase a few months ago. Nothing really terrible about it, although she is most definitively testing her boundaries, which was expected.

She went from looking like this-

To this (was she ever clumsy at this stage - this was the second time I visited while she was still being weaned)

To this on her first day home -

To finally looking like this, with adult plumage coming in nicely!

2. The following 7 users like this post:

aliray (04-18-2013), buddingtwigs (04-18-2013), Honesty (04-18-2013), keepsmiling (04-18-2013), plax (04-26-2013), roxynoodle (04-18-2013), Wendy K. (04-18-2013)

Parrots

Teka the Red Lored Amazon. . . Ruthie the Ruby Macaw.
    Lea looks amazing. To see the baby photo's with the adult ones is really cool.

4. The following user likes this post:

aliray (04-18-2013)

Parrots

Rosie the Galah, Kenji the CAG -1993
    How cool, it's a shame they are so rare in the wild and not as popular so less captive breeding pairs.

Whats the difference between the sub species?

Beautiful Pics

Parrots

Red Fronted Macaw~Holly, Hawk-Headed Parrots~ Cochise & Yuna, Black Capped Conure~Elfe, Softbills- Green Aracari~Pico, American Singer Canary~Kismet, Blue Naped Mousebird~Gryphon
    We love lovely Lea!

Parrots

Tiki,african redbellied, Sweetie Pie quaker, Chiquita, yellow sided gcc, Lucas, spanish timbrado canary
    How nice to have that collection of photos. like watching a child grow from baby to adult. You tend to forget over time so that makes a great memory

Parrots

Nanday Conure (Rowdy), YCA (Pete) and CAG (Miss Merlin)
    Thanks for sharing. I know so little about Capes I hadn't realized there were subspecies (maybe that's not even the correct terminology). Lea is beautiful!

Parrots

Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure, hatched July 4, 2012. Georgie Leona, Sun Conure, February 8, 2001-August 8, 2012 RIP pretty girl
    Same here, i don't really know much about Capes and she is such a cutie!!! Love that little face.

Parrots

Piper ~ Peachface Lovebird; Shade ~ Senegal Parrot; Joey & Pixel ~ Red-bellied Parrots; Petey & Zuri ~ Meyer's Parrot; Léa ~ Cape Parrot
    Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Copper View Post
    How cool, it's a shame they are so rare in the wild and not as popular so less captive breeding pairs.

Whats the difference between the sub species?
    Quote Originally Posted by roxynoodle View Post
    Thanks for sharing. I know so little about Capes I hadn't realized there were subspecies (maybe that's not even the correct terminology). Lea is beautiful!
    I might just write up a new thread with a quick blurb about the three different "types" of Capes and where you can find them

12. The following 2 users like this post:

Honesty (04-23-2013), Wendy K. (04-18-2013)

Banned

Parrots

Hunter (YN Amazon) - Sam (Magna DYH Amazon) - Nikolai (B&G Macaw) - Ripley (GW Macaw)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    I might just write up a new thread with a quick blurb about the three different "types" of Capes and where you can find them
    That would be AWESOME!!! Thank you SO VERY MUCH for that!

Your pictures are fantastic, and Lea is STUNNING! I can't wait to read more about them now.