User Tag List

Thread: Bronze Winged Pionus

Bronze Winged Pionus

This is the bronzed winged pionus. Isn't it adorable?

2. The following user likes this post:

Mare (10-03-2013)

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    wow, beautiful!

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

4. The following user likes this post:

Honesty (09-26-2013)

Ah, my heart! I LOVE this species...I had a friend once that was a bronze wing pionus...not a common species, but I would love to have one. Though I normally never let birds near my face, I allowed this guy to stand on my shoulder and whisper in my ear.

He belonged to the manager of a pet store I worked at, and was for sale "kinda". She didn't have time for him, it was why he was there. Anyway, the first week of me cleaning cages, I had not touched any birds yet...it is a habit of mine, you never know when someone is a biter. I let them tell me.

This little guy sure did, he surprised the heck outta me! He grabbed the leg of my jeans when I wasn't looking and cleaning the cage next to him...and climbed up FAST to my shoulder! I let him, thinking he surely would have bit me by now if that's what he wanted...but a little apprehensive anyway. He murmured something in my ear I couldn't understand once he got up to my shoulder - I never could understand much of what he said all the time I worked there, but I was never alarmed by him again.

Seriously, seriously cool bird. I was more scared of him at first than I ever am of even big birds...my god, look at the HOOK on that beak - but he was my little buddy! Freaked out some of the customers, though, to see him riding my shoulder like that! Too bad I wasn't in a position to care for him when I left there!

6. The following 2 users like this post:

Mare (10-03-2013), Pinkbirdy (10-01-2013)