User Tag List

Thread: Suggestion for our Photo Competition

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine

Suggestion for our Photo Competition

So far we have had some awesome photos submitted. The subject matter seems to be very bird related. I am making a suggestion that we open up the subject matter to include other subjects. Examples could be: things that are red; water scenes, winter scenes, food, flowers, human faces, architecture, trees and so on. This way we should have more participation. What do you think?

Yes, I am all for this Dianne. I agree, I think we would get alot more participation if the subject was varied

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    I kind of like sticking with the bird theme since this is what our forum is all about. The love of our birds. We can never get enough pics of our beloved birds. I personally think the photo contest will get better as the forum grows. I think having it about a subject we ALL like will make everyone feel included in the contest. Not everyone likes photography as much as others and some subjects may lose the interest of some members. Where as we all have birds and can dig up a photo to suit the subject of the month somewhere. Just my personal opinion.

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

4. The following 2 users like this post:

Pinkbirdy (09-23-2013), plax (09-23-2013)

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets
    I had mentioned in the beginning when we first started this photo competition that I felt just having bird photos would become stale eventually. I mentioned we could have videos possibly sometime and other animals for a theme. And I seem to remember you won the first photo competition Dianne with a photo of a butterfly. You said I had not posted in the rules that it had to be of a bird. So by that token we have already used other types of creatures for the photos.

The thing we really need to remember is that right now we have the photo competition winner deciding what the next month's subject theme will be. If we decide we want it to be on flowers, etc that will demean the winner's right to choose. If we are going to begin to decide each month's subject theme instead, then we should announce this to everyone so they are aware that if they win they will not get to choose. In other words, if we allow the winner of the competition to continue to choose and they want birds as the theme, we should not grumble about it or not like the subject.
    Last edited by Turquoise; 09-24-2013 at 02:20 AM.
    ~~My Flock~~
    *In Loving Memory Of My Sweet Little Peta Girl~~R.I.P~~Love Mom*
    ~~Gotcha'~04/20/2012~~Flew Over The Rainbow Bridge~02/28/2014~~

6. The following 2 users like this post:

Blancaej (09-24-2013), Honesty (09-24-2013)

I agree De'Andrea. In my mind we are going to get far more entries by allowing different subjects to be entered other than our birds. Eventually we would run out of ideas on a particular theme for Bird shots. I think it would be quite alot of fun to have different subjects

8. The following user likes this post:

Blancaej (09-24-2013)