User Tag List

Thread: Baby parrotlet

Parrots

TAG: Spirit, Senegal: Damon, Blue & Gold: Paris, Parrotlet: Opal, CAG :Boomer, Quaker: Widget and at a foster parents RLA: Danny. :D

Baby parrotlet

I have worked and worked with my parrotlet and she wants nothing to do with me... I can pick her up, but she does not want to step up. She spend the day playing and eating her toys happy as can be. The breeder knew I wanted to have a bird for doing education with and feels bad about talking me into this little girl who had been hand feed but then just left in a cage with no human interaction. I don't mine she taught me a lot about small bird mentality! Anyways the breeder just had a singleton hatch in the last week. She has offered it to me and will be doing lots of socialization with it. So in two months I will have a new parrotlet! Can't wait to meet it!

(No I am not getting rid of Pearl. She is here to stay. I will just keep working with her so she at least may want to hand out near me.)
    “She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot.” ― Mark Twain

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    Congrats Shelly! That is exciting news. Can't wait to see pics when available of your new baby!

Glad to hear Pearl is sticking around. I figured as much.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield