User Tag List

Thread: Foraging buckets

Parrots

TAG: Spirit, Senegal: Damon, Blue & Gold: Paris, Parrotlet: Opal, CAG :Boomer, Quaker: Widget and at a foster parents RLA: Danny. :D

Foraging buckets

I need to get myself some new buckets and found these at a great price! They are stainless steel flat sided and start under $5. I fill them up with small foot toys, wads of paper (some with treats in them), some lose treats and anything else I can find to put in it. This birds have a ball pulling out stuff and tossing it around and they get so excited when they find a treat!

https://www.petedge.com/zpetedgemain...c-locale=en_US
    Last edited by ShellyBorg; 09-04-2013 at 02:02 PM.
    “She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot.” ― Mark Twain

2. The following user likes this post:

Pinkbirdy (09-04-2013)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    The link must be broken because I just get a blank page.

4. The following user likes this post:

ShellyBorg (09-04-2013)

I get a blank too!

6. The following user likes this post:

ShellyBorg (09-04-2013)

Parrots

TAG: Spirit, Senegal: Damon, Blue & Gold: Paris, Parrotlet: Opal, CAG :Boomer, Quaker: Widget and at a foster parents RLA: Danny. :D
    Link fixed
    “She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot.” ― Mark Twain

8. The following user likes this post:

Honesty (09-04-2013)

You will have to post some pics of them foraging

10. The following user likes this post:

ShellyBorg (09-04-2013)

Oooo, nice!!!

12. The following user likes this post:

ShellyBorg (09-07-2013)

Parrots

Green Quaker- Cooper
    wow those look great! ill have to order one asap

14. The following user likes this post:

ShellyBorg (09-07-2013)

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    Love those! What a great idea!

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    I tried a bucket with Lady and it seems most of the items end up below the grid in the cage. It didn't last for more than a minute. So I got out her foraging toy to see if she was interested in using it today. She did well for about ten minutes getting about three pistachios then I guess grew board of it. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	twist this.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	2584Click image for larger version. 

Name:	success.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	2585
    I'm thinking about getting some type of wood platform to put over part the grid so the foot toys and other foraging things don't fall through. Does anyone have something they use to keep the items from going through the grid? I once used a grass mat made for hamsters and small mammals, I think that lasted about a week before it became her shredder toy. And please note some of the mats are sewn together with string so it is NEVER an item to leave in their cage unattended.