User Tag List

Thread: T-Stand Mission

T-Stand Mission

I am on a mission...make a better T-stand with the materials that can be found around the farm. We have:

PVC, probably any size
    Poplar dowel rod
    Vetrap (though I don't like the way dirt and food sticks to it)
    Concrete filled planter pots
    Natural branches (crepe myrtle)

Will let you know what I come up with - feel free to post ideas! Have already looked around for broken lamps or fans that would make a good stand base...nada...so we may have to work with a couple of the concrete buckets...though they are the six inch wide ones and I would probably have to use two...

Nobility Member

Parrots

Lineated Parakeet named Kobe (M) and (F) named Tango Maine Coon Kitty named Christine
    It is so rewarding to make your own stands for your birds. I know it will be awesome.

Parrots

Green Quaker- Cooper
    thats plenty of good materials! im sure you will come up with a great stand

Parrots

TAG: Spirit, Senegal: Damon, Blue & Gold: Paris, Parrotlet: Opal, CAG :Boomer, Quaker: Widget and at a foster parents RLA: Danny. :D
    I am on the same mission right now. I think I may go with PVC for this one and start looking for just the right chunk of manzanita for a nicer one later.
    “She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot.” ― Mark Twain

Thanks all! It isn't made yet, but we designed it and got all the parts together. I will post pics when we make this tonight...we don't particularly need it today as it is a greenhouse day and there is a playgym there.

Cool, Shelly! :-) Is that for Princess Paris? :-)

Parrots

TAG: Spirit, Senegal: Damon, Blue & Gold: Paris, Parrotlet: Opal, CAG :Boomer, Quaker: Widget and at a foster parents RLA: Danny. :D
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksmom View Post

Cool, Shelly! :-) Is that for Princess Paris? :-)
    Yes, she is not a fan of the one I had.
    “She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot.” ― Mark Twain

Heh, maybe it was supposed to be pink for the lil' lady! Let us know what you come up with!

8. The following user likes this post:

ShellyBorg (09-04-2013)

Arg. T stand was put off until hopefully tonight...but definitely by Monday morning, when we will actually have need of it. (We use the greenhouse stands on days we work at the farm)

How is the pink stand with diamond studs coming, Shelly? Lol!

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    Looking forward to seeing it!

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield