User Tag List

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Paris Needs A Mate (Human)

She is a great age for macaw - and has dealt with a lot in her life to not become a plucker or a biter. Well, lol, as long as you don't push the princess out of her comfort zone, she won't nip you...but her signs are clear as day to me...and probably would be to Shelly, also, based on the reviews of her experience. I got nailed twice in the first week...and only once since then, totally my fault of course. She is always eager to cuddle, talk, interact in any way.

Can't wait forever, obviously, not fair to either of these guys...but I will try to hang on for the best home of course! Ah, Shelly, where are ya, lol?

2. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (08-27-2013)

Parrots

TAG: Spirit, Senegal: Damon, Blue & Gold: Paris, Parrotlet: Opal, CAG :Boomer, Quaker: Widget and at a foster parents RLA: Danny. :D
    Hello! my internet got knocked out over the weekend. I would love to talk to you about Paris! I have a cage and playstand. I work at home and have lots of time for a Macaw. My dream would be to train one to wear a harness so they could do day hikes with me. Please let me know. I will PM you my phone number.
    “She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot.” ― Mark Twain

4. The following user likes this post:

Honesty (08-26-2013)

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    So glad you finally saw this Shelly!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

Parrots

B and G: Sparky, Red Fronted macaw: Jax, RBC: Pretty
    Wish I had the room, I've been watching trying to think of how to make things work, I do hope that it all works out and she can find her forever home.

7. The following 2 users like this post:

Honesty (08-27-2013), Turquoise (08-27-2013)

She has found the best home!!! You guys weren't kidding about Shelly, that is EXACTLY who I want to have Paris. We were both practically GIDDY on the phone last night, lol...Shelly because she will soon have her "dream bird", and me because I will soon have my own pet bird back - my silly clown Jack-attack, who just could never bear sharing me. And I can daydream about Par-bear riding comfortably on a goat, tethered safely by a harness, and chatting away a mile a minute to her best friend, Shelly. I. Am. So. Happy. And yeah, I cried...but it was a happy cry - so relieved she will have not only the care she deserves, but time around a human that she craves!

I called all our friends who love our birds and told them, everyone approves (Paris had many fans) and is very happy for her, excited for her that she will have the best possible life. And Shelly really needed a bird like Paris, also - so ready for harness training, and so human-focused...this sweet girl does nothing but wait for her chosen human - and what luck, Shelly has long hair - it will be no time until she hears a southern drawl of "Wassup, guuurl" coming out of Princess Paris - she has a real affinity for soft voices and females with long hair. I giggled to think of Paris in California displaying her southern drawl!

We have to finish working out the arrangements, but it's happening - and Shelly promised to check in here periodically and remind me I made a good choice with pics of Paris in her new fun life! I can't wait to see the Princess riding a goat!

I am so grateful to you guys for helping me find a better home for her than I ever dreamed...I am so relieved. I had been starting to have nightmares about what would become of her. Slept like a BABY last night. Thank you, Precisely Parrots...I am forever grateful!!!!

9. The following 6 users like this post:

Blancaej (08-27-2013), coltfire (08-27-2013), Debra (08-27-2013), Honesty (08-27-2013), kendrafitz (09-01-2013), Pinkbirdy (08-27-2013)

I am so happy for you Grace and I am so pleased Shelly is going to be the new Parront for Paris. You could not have wished for a better home for her

The best part of all is you can see her progress on here, as I pretty am sure Shelly will post lots of pics

11. The following user likes this post:

jacksmom (08-27-2013)

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    That is awesome news! I am so happy for you both.

I truly believe Paris has found a perfect home!!

Shelly and Paris will have a great time together! I am so excited for both of them!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

13. The following user likes this post:

jacksmom (08-27-2013)

Parrots

TAG: Spirit, Senegal: Damon, Blue & Gold: Paris, Parrotlet: Opal, CAG :Boomer, Quaker: Widget and at a foster parents RLA: Danny. :D
    You slept! I was up all night with nervous energy! I can't wait to get her here! Thank you so much for given me the chance with a amazing bird!
    “She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot.” ― Mark Twain

15. The following user likes this post:

jacksmom (08-27-2013)

What wonderful news! Congratulations to all three of you! Grace for finding a wonderful home for Paris, Shelly for getting her dream bird, and Paris for getting that wonderful home!

17. The following user likes this post:

jacksmom (08-27-2013)

Yup, and dreamed sweet dreams of Paris happy and healthy years from now, and me with my clown back - convinced he is number one top boy! I was very animated with nervous energy for a bit - but I burnt a lot of that out on the phone, pacing back and forth, back and forth!

I went to Petsmart today (my friend's employee discount wasn't all that at Petco) and looked at several different size carriers, and realized those 22 inch long carriers don't seem as large when they are all closed in - her 22 inch travel cage is open wire, so her tail has room to poke out a little, lol. Maybe we should go for a 30inch long...would be a little ridiculously tall...any help anyone can give at which carrier is the best for a macaw with lovely long tailfeathers - without going much over $50 or getting out of the "medium dog" guideline...the airline will charge us more if we go too big...

Yes, really cool you can go back and see her from when she first came to me, to now, then with her new life with Shelly, all on here. I have started to think of this as her foster home - where she got landed for a bit that was better than where she was - with some kind people who meant well while she waited on her best home, meant for her - and I am set convinced - this bird has been waiting for you, Shelly, as much as you have been waiting for her. Her previous owners were never going to find you in California, though - so she was sent to me for a minute.