User Tag List

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Paris Needs A Mate (Human)

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    Grace, I am really sorry to hear it didn't work out. I can see you are trying to do what's best for Paris. I would be totally for it, but I am rehoming a b&g in October. 10 year old female as well. Funny how weird coincidences happen! I too think Shelly would be a great choice! Hopefully Terri can get ahold of her for you!

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

2. The following user likes this post:

jacksmom (08-25-2013)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    Quote Originally Posted by Blancaej View Post
    Grace, I am really sorry to hear it didn't work out. I can see you are trying to do what's best for Paris. I would be totally for it, but I am rehoming a b&g in October. 10 year old female as well. Funny how weird coincidences happen! I too think Shelly would be a great choice! Hopefully Terri can get ahold of her for you!
    Maybe shes out backpacking with her goats11 LOL
    http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p779/Blancaej/Terrisignature2_zpsb1f5f78e.jpg

That would be fantastic, I am not at all hung up on price, would love at least her vet costs back, (bills, sigh) but can provide detailed paperwork on her blood tests, so on. She was quarantined and tested before being introduced to Jack, and so was he.

Thanks for being so understanding and helpful, everyone...I know Paris can be someone's dream bird...these two are both dream birds...too bad they absolutely hate each other, and I would up really not having time to have two pet birds thinking I am their mate and hating each other. :/ I will be very happy to see her in a new home...another reason I chose to re-home her instead of Jack is she doesn't really like to fly...and probably wouldn't even notice if her wings were clipped again. Jack, on the other hand...quite the aviator, he would be very depressed.

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    Terri - You never know! LOL!

Grace - I'm sure you will find her a good home. Like I said, Shelly would be an awesome choice. Hopefully she will be back on soon!

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

We thought of a guy that may work...he is sort of a lonely nice older gay man, spends a lot of time sitting on a screened in porch alone. I am thinking he needs a sweet girl to keep him company...he does have some health issues, but is financially stable and his health issues aren't life threatening, just keeps him home a lot. We called him today, but he hasn't gotten back yet...probably went to lunch after church or something. I worry about him being older some...but he does have many younger friends that could see to Paris (and even bring her back here if necessary) if he ever was not able to care for her.

Anyway, yeah...a good home...to someone! She is a real gem, she deserves the very best I can find her. I am sorry it isn't with me, but this girl needs a human mate...not an aviary with a bird she hates while she competes for the favor of her mate. I know when I am beat.

Please keep trying to reach anyone you guys think would be good...if any of you dreaming of having a macaw folks are shy about making an offer - please don't be...the most important thing here is a good home for this girl. Money is negotiable.

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    Please hang on.Im RIDICULOUS about my birds .But I would feel totally confident with Shelly.The reason Im pushing this is I watch her search in trying to get a Macaw . She seems to really want this species.
    http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p779/Blancaej/Terrisignature2_zpsb1f5f78e.jpg

8. The following user likes this post:

jacksmom (08-26-2013)

Parrots

I agree! She has been looking a long time!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Nobility Member

Parrots

Shelly,I believe has worked in a zoo. Most of her birds are rehomes.She does her own grooming [and I think other peoples] Can you imagine trying to clip someones elses bird [that cant be easy].I was real impressed with a Amazon she took in [seemed to easily figure him out]. I think she would be the one with the experience and know how [to handle Paris].

Parrots

eclectus x 4, cockatiels x4, lories x2, budgies x26 and babies all year round of all my birds
    i wished i live close i would take her in with a second thought, so sorry it isn't working out with pair and jack, i hope and pray you find her a good home.

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets
    Awww I too am sorry you are having to re-home Paris. I can understand completely.

Sure hope you find a great home for Paris. She looks so sweet & she's a good age. Over the terrible twos stage. I love macaws too, so I really hope Paris gets the attention she craves with her new human or family.

I don't know anyone personally who is looking for a macaw right now, wished I did.
    ~~My Flock~~
    *In Loving Memory Of My Sweet Little Peta Girl~~R.I.P~~Love Mom*
    ~~Gotcha'~04/20/2012~~Flew Over The Rainbow Bridge~02/28/2014~~

13. The following user likes this post:

jacksmom (08-26-2013)