User Tag List

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Paris Needs A Mate (Human)

Paris Needs A Mate (Human)

My lovely female blue and gold, Paris, absolutely hates my boy, Jack. I have plugged along for a long time, trying to be mates for both birds...but although I hoped to have time for two if they wound up not liking each other...I just don't. If I take one, the other yells, if I take both, they lunge at each other any time I stand between them.

And I won't have a bird, or any animal, suffer for lack of anything, even if that is just attention - but sadly, this means giving up my sweet girl...She will deal with re-homing better than Jack, I am sure of it.

Please don't make me feel bad about this, I feel horrible enough already...feel like I am abandoning her. I just want her to have a proper mate, she has so much love to give...

Anyway, I guess if you need a cage I would have to charge for that...I don't particularly want to give up my cage in case I need it again. I will, though, if it means getting Paris a GOOD home. Besides that, I have maybe about 500 into her including vet costs, and that is all I will ask...but due to her very cheap re-homing fee, please do not bother asking for her unless you are an individual looking for a PET bird. If you are a bird "rescue", I am not interested in giving her up for any amount of money, I have never seen a rescue provide what I would consider a good life for a parrot.

Thanks everyone...please help me find a good home for her!!!

2. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (08-26-2013)

I'm so sorry to hear you must do this. I applaud you for doing what is right for each bird.

4. The following 2 users like this post:

jacksmom (08-23-2013), Tom B (08-23-2013)

Parrots

B and G: Sparky, Red Fronted macaw: Jax, RBC: Pretty
    It may help if you gave a location. Are you in the states? if so where?

6. The following user likes this post:

jacksmom (08-23-2013)

I am so sorry...I'm a little rattled/upset...yeah, location may help!

I am in Raleigh, NC...and I am happy to work with anyone on price or shipping...again, if it is a really good home. I can't stress that enough. She already has a mediocre home, more of that she doesn't need...

Oh! And Paris is ten years old, with a VERY wide vocabulary. If anyone ever dreamed of a "talker" macaw, she is your dream. She has already picked up several phrases from us to add to her list, including a bright "Good Morning!" when you go in to feed breakfast. She enjoys her macaw chop, it was easy to get her to eat fruit, veg, bean, what have you...even though she came to us on an all pellet diet. She looked AWFUL, very dingy and feathers all shredded. Here is this pretty girl now -

And honestly, she looks even better now, lol. We do not EVER shirk on care around here...I just know I can't give her the attention she will need when my work schedule changes in about a month. Let me know any other questions, thanks!
    Last edited by jacksmom; 08-23-2013 at 02:27 PM.

Sorry to hear this Grace I hope you manage to find Paris a lovely home.

Thanks, Honesty...it was a really tough decision...and Jack really needs more time than Paris, he is a demanding and boisterous male...Paris is more ready to be someone's sweet girl. She bonded deeply to me within a week after having the same owner for almost ten years...and I know if I could teach someone her "steps of permission" and the voice best used to coax her (soft, sweet) she would adapt to someone else just as easy. I am thinking of making a vid, lol...easy 1, 2, 3 get Paris to love you steps.

10. The following 3 users like this post:

Cami (11-26-2013), Honesty (08-23-2013), Turquoise (08-26-2013)

Hopefully you are able to find a loving home for her.

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    I know Shelly , would really ,really like a Macaw [I wish she was on ] . I would try to talk to her. Paris is lovely . Its to bad she cant adjust after all this time. Is she able to entertain herself on her own [without you]. When your present , is she all worked up trying to figure out how to be with you ? [should have a thread on here on bird jealousy] . Your other bird might be a little sad when she goes. Love Macaws [I live in New York].
    http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p779/Blancaej/Terrisignature2_zpsb1f5f78e.jpg

13. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (08-26-2013)

No, she doesn't really entertain herself, has little to no interest in toys. She simply waits for me, and yes, flushes red and will do anything to get to me. I know she could just as easily have this bond with another human, as fast as she bonded to me.

Don't really think Jack will be sad, lol...he will probably throw a party. I am not kidding, these birds seriously hate each other. Bad. I have done everything I possibly could to try and fix it...but I have to face facts...they hate even being around each other, and each wish the other would just go away.

Shelly? Do you have a good home for precious Paris?

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    Shelly hasn't been on . Im trying to get ahold of her
    http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p779/Blancaej/Terrisignature2_zpsb1f5f78e.jpg

16. The following user likes this post:

jacksmom (08-25-2013)