User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got A New Little Feathered Friend

Out of 13 birds, only one has any interest in the shoulder. That's a tiel so poops aren't that bad.

Administrator

Parrots

Blue & Gold Macaw "Jack" | Military Macaw "Maynard" - RIP | Hyacinth Macaw "Zaffer" - RIP | Green-wing Macaw "Salsa" | Nanday Conure "Bozley"
    Romeo looks as if he's wearing clown makeup . He's a cutie! My family had both Finches and Budgies when I was growing up and I enjoyed them all
    He wanted to live. He was my Heaven... He's gone!

Aw, I love finches. I used to have a group of society finches when I was maybe 13...the woman who gave them to me was trying to breed them unsuccessfully...in three months they were dropping eggs on the bottom of the cage after I got them. I eventually traded them to a pet store for two female parakeets, lol - three finches had become nine!

But I got ya on the poop thing - my birds are potty trained. Neener neener yourself!

Though I am new here, I vote your non-parrot should be given honorary parrot status and allowed to hang with the big birds.

Thanks for the pics!

4. The following user likes this post:

Debra (08-12-2013)

Yes...Finches are lots of fun even if they are small. I have had some in the past. No potty training those guys tho. I don't know which is worse.....huge parrot poops less often or little finch poops every few seconds. Let a few finches loose in a room and they can 'spackle' your walls in no time. lol

I am sure Romeo would love to hang with the big guys as long as they don't eye him as fast food.

I am looking around for another male buddy for him. I don't want to get a female and have to worry about egg laying right now. Those silly Zebras are too darn prolific.

6. The following user likes this post:

Honesty (08-13-2013)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Romeo is very handsome! Finches were always high on my list of 'next bird', their little tweets are so sweet then a cockatiel landed in my lap so, finches will be back on the list, for awhile! I'm happy to hear he's doing so well with you.

Oh yeah, I am remembering the tiny little BB size poops from the finches, thinking GOSH yeah, at least that doesn't come with a quarter cup of liquid! (Exaggerating of course, but not that much, lol!)

Really look forward to hearing about and seeing pics of his upcoming friend!
    Last edited by jacksmom; 08-15-2013 at 11:39 AM.