User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Most popular edible flowers.

Oh yes! I was told my birds would ignore everything except the seeds...sort of cracked me up when he went straight to the plant instead (Paris ignored it all completely)...even though my they get veg/fruit/bean/nut mix twice a day. I have exhausted Google, and now need experienced keepers to relate...well, experiences!!! And hard to find info like the above list!!! Thanks again!

2. The following user likes this post:

Honesty (08-11-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by jacksmom View Post
    Oh yes! I was told my birds would ignore everything except the seeds...sort of cracked me up when he went straight to the plant instead (Paris ignored it all completely)...even though my they get veg/fruit/bean/nut mix twice a day. I have exhausted Google, and now need experienced keepers to relate...well, experiences!!! And hard to find info like the above list!!! Thanks again!
    You are very welcome

I have tons of honeysuckle around here that grows wild. I just have no idea if it's the safe kind. Don't want to try it just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Debra View Post
    I have tons of honeysuckle around here that grows wild. I just have no idea if it's the safe kind. Don't want to try it just in case.
    Do you have a picture of it Deb? I dont know of any Honeysuckle that would not be safe.

Well, the list says Japanese honeysuckle only is safe and then only the flowers. I'll have to take pics of mine next spring when they blossom.

Quote Originally Posted by Debra View Post
    Well, the list says Japanese honeysuckle only is safe and then only the flowers. I'll have to take pics of mine next spring when they blossom.
    Yes, the Japanese Lonicera japonica is the type I have. This is the most common one too.

I didn't even notice the honeysuckle distinction at first...hmm, now I am wondering about our wild honeysuckle in NC, what kind is it I wonder!

Great list!!

10. The following user likes this post:

Honesty (08-12-2013)

I have honeysuckle near my home and I notice in the summer people take them off and eat them all the time . I tried one and they are not bad. I wonder if these are the correct ones ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Moderator

Parrots

Illiger Macaw (Primolius maracana)
    Well this list is a great start to prepare for spring season gardening. Over the winter months I hope to read up on which flowers might grow good in my area. Whether they need shade, partial sun or full sun. Some might even be easy to grow in a hanging basket and increase the beauty of the area in which they are grown.