User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do your birds fly to you...

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!

Do your birds fly to you...

Do your birds fly to you because you call them or, because they want to be ON you? That's my question of the day. Sassy is like flys on doo when she is out, reminds me of iron ore coming to a magnet, she's hard to shake and makes me think she would be a good candidate for free flight but she is way too small for that venture.
    Amigo comes when I call and I think it's because he wants to be with me but he is not cloyingly clingy like my Sassy girl.

If Codie is on his Playstand and I am on the computer, then he flys to me. If I go into the kitchen , he will follow, fly onto the worktop. where he watches intently what I am doing. If I go to the other end of the kitchen, then he will fly over to me. He does not fly to me if I call him though. He just looks at me lol

3. The following 2 users like this post:

kendrafitz (12-05-2013), Mare (07-20-2013)

Parrots

macaws
    My Pebbles flies to my shoulder from her birdroom playgym. She only does that when I am within her sight otherwise she plays on the gym. I use that time to flip and fly her for exercise since I know she will come right back for more.

5. The following 2 users like this post:

Honesty (07-20-2013), Mare (07-20-2013)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Sassy Goffin's girl, she IS Sassy Amigo, male umbrella cockatoo Chip! The cockatiel! The sweet, sweet Jellybean!
    Wendy, you are part of his flock or mate, probably mate. My human mate will act similarly!

7. The following 3 users like this post:

Honesty (07-20-2013), kendrafitz (12-05-2013), Pinkbirdy (07-21-2013)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Hi Macawfancy, how do you flip and fly a bird? I'm not sure what that means?

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    Owen [my Rb2] is the first bird to fly [for me] with some kind of direction. He flys to an area he wants to be [mostly near me] .I can get him to fly to me [with coaxing]. Pearl [the Goffin] is pretty tame too. He flys to the playstand when I want him to.

10. The following user likes this post:

Mare (07-21-2013)

Nobility Member

Parrots

I guess I would have to call Sassy a Velcro bird, she does have to be pealed off at times. Owen sounds amazing, I'm so happy for you that he is doing well and it looks like Pearl is a happy guy too!

12. The following user likes this post:

Pinkbirdy (07-21-2013)

Parrots

Quincy CAG Hatched 03/2000 Gotcha @ 3 months old ~ Savannah GW Macaw Hatched 06/1993 Gotcha 4/2013 ~ Coqui B&G Macaw Hatched 09/2003 Gotcha 10/2013 ~ Sidney Blue Crown Conure Gotcha Day 06/2015 Hatch Date Guess 06/2010.
    Quincy is my Velcro. He doesn't fly on me
    Has done that maybe a couple of times in 13 years. He mostly flies near me or gets off his cage and walks to me. He used to never make it a habit to walk on the floor, but has been doing it a lot lately. I would like to teach him recall training. I need to go on you tube and find a video on how to start.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

"Nothing that matters comes easy, and nothing easy ever really matters." ~ Lyrics From Ordinary Girl By Rick Springfield

14. The following user likes this post:

Mare (07-21-2013)

Out of 13 birds, only one wants to be on me enough to fly to me. Tex wants to be on a person at all times. Lucy wants to be on Jerry sometimes but won't fly to him.

16. The following user likes this post:

Mare (07-21-2013)

Parrots

Merlin & Charlie the Senegals, Brucie & Lucie the Budgies!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mare View Post
    Hi Macawfancy, how do you flip and fly a bird? I'm not sure what that means?
    I think by flip and fly it's like, they fly to you, you throw them so they go back to where they were at, and fly back to you again. Like flipping the bird around to fly back to you again.

We do this for exercise with monkeybutt Merlin; he HAS to be on someone and is very rarely settled without (or at least very near) so we make him work off his weight by doing what I said above

18. The following user likes this post:

Mare (07-24-2013)