User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ~~The Fuzzbuckets who allow me to share their bed~~

Parrots

2 Male Catalina Macaws, Roscoe & Angel~1 Female Green Wing Macaw, Ruby Jewel~1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus, Leyla Belle~1 Female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Peta (R.I.P.)~1 White Capped Pionus, Sierra Sunrise~ 1 Rose Breasted Cockatoo, Dakota Nakira'Too~1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure, Serita Lynae, 10 Parakeets
    Awww, I love Pekapoos & Cockapoos. I have seen photos of Cavapoos, they are cuties also. You have to get pics of them on here. It is great & fun learning what everyone has besides their parrots. I had a pekapoo little girl named Pixie Poo when I was a teen still at home. I adored that pup, but that was before folks got shots for their dogs on a regular basis & she contracted distemper & died at 4 months old. I still miss that baby & afterwards I wanted to become a vet so i could help others keep from losing their pets. My drawback to fulfilling my goal was I knew I could never euthanize anyone's pet even if it were at the end stage of its life. I couldn't shake the idea I would have to face that one day & decided being a vet was not for me when I was a senior in high school.

Oh yeah, don't let those innocent big brown eyes & polite waiting for their tidbit fool ya'. Nakia, the black standard is a she devil!! I have had to chase her down so so many times when she would slip under the chainlink fence in the back yard. She would find a very small spot she could shimmy her body sideways through & the chase was on! She loves to roam & is the alpha female of the pack which means she beats up on her sisters when she is in the mood.

Just this afternoon we came home & was bringing in the groceries. It has been raining almost non stop for the last two days, which is highly unusual for our weather in July! Since it is so wet we didn't get the little flat trailer cart to put the bags on. We were carrying them a few at a time. The dogs are not allowed in the front yard, that belongs to Toodle Butt, my sulcata tortoise. We still ahve a double fenced off yard since we haven't finished tortoise proofing the outer fence and we had both inside yard & outside yard gates open. I thought Jerry was coming in behind me & left the front door open for him. He wasn't and I see Nakia, Cheyenne, Mikkwa, Jonnikki, Shaolin, & Jen Jen take off out the door. I run yelling at them to come back & Ozzie sees the open door, but i stopped him from going out & the small dogs came back in. Not Nakia, Cheyenne & Mikkwa, no and they rushed past Jerry who was at the car. they ran across the road into the muddy field & through the yards of other houses out here! I take off after them, Jerry who is not a quick thinker is standing there just watching & I yell at him to get in the car & follow me. It took about 20 mins of getting close, calling them & cussing them to finally get Cheyenne to come back & follow me to the back yard gate. Mikkwa thankfully followed sister & I closed them in. Nakia who loves to have us chase her was still snooping around the houses & Jerry finally drove up close to were she was. She was getting tired as she hasn't been out running in quite a while & we coaxed her to get into the hatchback & took her home. She loves to ride & once she gets tired she will get into the car. One day I carried her harness & once I got close enough to get her to notice it, I told her, "Lets go for a walk." And she came up, let me put it on & we walked home. She was free, but fell for that trick!
    ~~My Flock~~
    *In Loving Memory Of My Sweet Little Peta Girl~~R.I.P~~Love Mom*
    ~~Gotcha'~04/20/2012~~Flew Over The Rainbow Bridge~02/28/2014~~

2. The following user likes this post:

Pinkbirdy (07-17-2013)

Nobility Member

Parrots

Catalina Macaw - Harlow, Blue & Gold Macaw - Rocky, Greenwing Macaw - Ruby, Bluefront Amazon - Tequila, Hawkhead - Charlotte, 2 Blk hd Caiques - Sammy, Greta, Yellow streaked Lory - Louie, LesserSulpher 2 - Belly, Sunconure - Gingee, Yellow sided Greencheek - Disco, Goffin - Pearl, Rosebreasted 2 - Owen
    AHHH!! I hate dogs taking off!! Im sure they thought this is fun

4. The following user likes this post:

Turquoise (07-17-2013)